Regional Head of Indirect Procurement
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 12 November 20192019-11-15 2020-01-11 manufacturing-and-production Singapore SG SGD 200000 250000 250000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive Regional Head of Indirect Procurement job has just been made available at a global chemicals company based in Singapore.
About the Regional Head of Indirect Procurement Role:
The Regional Head of Indirect Procurement is responsible for leading, developing and building a high-quality procurement organisation across the Asia Pacific
- Performance management – Accountable for departmental budget; Drive key performance indicators and deliver results according to agreed business objectives
- Manage a diverse team of procurement professionals located across the region; track and monitor performance, raising the bar and setting high yet attainable standards; provide direction and support
- Lead and/or facilitate cross-functional teams to continually assess business requirements and align supply base and resources to drive savings and sustainable value for the company year on year
- Analyse spend by region, benchmark category trends, create and manage multi-year strategic sourcing strategies, and implement programs that provide a competitive advantage; identify synergies and develop strategies to capture cross-regional opportunities
- Implement strategic sourcing initiatives across the region
- Develop regional sourcing strategies for all operational procurement categories
- Provide leadership role in budget development and drive the procurement plan from a regional and global perspective
- Drive an innovative culture of continuous improvement within the supply base
- Be a role model within both the organisation and the wider market, creating a culture of honesty, integrity, respect and trust
- Organisational development – Build a core team of high-quality procurement professionals with strong technical competence and stakeholder engagement mindset to be positioned as trusted and valuable business partner. Develop succession pipeline for critical roles
- Relationships – Build outstanding relationships with stakeholders and procurement colleagues across the markets to drive beneficial business outcomes and unlock values for the enterprise
- Change Management – Adopt high quality change practices with customers and stakeholders, building and implementing an organisation which is high performing, adaptable, innovative and resilient
- Develop influential and positive stakeholder relationships and effortlessly communicate procurement messages in a commercial tone at all management levels
- Provide regular high quality category communications to relevant stakeholders to ensure the businesses have a thorough understanding of the value of global procurement initiatives, industry best practices, trends and category knowledge, etc.
- External networks – Establish and maintain strong-networks with external business associations to foster best practice sharing/learning and external benchmark
To succeed in this Regional Head of Indirect Procurement role, you will need at least 15 years' relevant procurement experience.
- High integrity with a strong eye for governance and compliance
- Effective communication skills to influence and drive commitment from stakeholders
- Adaptable and analytical to handle rapid change and data-driven decision making
- Good balance between strategic and attention to operational detail
- Experience in working with regional and global teams with a holistic view to drive delivery for the business
- Solid experience driving procurement transformation and supplier innovation with deep insights on business partnering
This leading international company is recognised as one of the leaders in their field of expertise.
If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity for you. You will be part of a dynamic and supportive working environment facing new challenges everyday.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung