Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 31 October 20192019-10-31 2019-12-30 public-sector-and-housing Singapore SG SGD 200000 250000 250000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive Procurement Director job has just been made available at a healthcare company. In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
About the Procurement Director Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for leading the strategic procurement function. The role is accountable for the building and optimising of the strategic procurement function, implementing best in class end to end vendor and contract management processes. This position will be responsible for driving to the lowest overall operating cost through the procurement of all goods and services.
- Define and execute procurement strategy, delivering on established financial and operational targets ensuring monetisation of sourcing productivity
- Articulate and execute a procurement roadmap that builds vendor capabilities needed for long term growth and sustainability
- Recruit, staff and develop a high-performing and motivated strategic procurement team responsible for interfacing with internal stakeholders and vendor partners
- Build strong contract management capabilities and ensure relevant staff has the required capabilities to manage vendors and contracts; develop training plan to ensure relevant staff achieved requirement competencies
- Design a procurement organisation that has the structure, process, technologies, talent practices, metrics and incentive structures needed to deliver the plan and build for the future
- Ensure stakeholder alignment and coordination via clearly articulated governance processes including definition of roles and responsibilities, decision rights and communication and coordination mechanisms
- Establish balanced scorecard metrics (cost, quality, service, etc.) that drive accountability for total operating cost
- Oversee logistics capabilities for supplies across service points to ensure stock availability and good adherence to good practices
- Ensure vendors are held accountable for their performance
To succeed in this Procurement Director role, you will need at least 15 years' strategic sourcing experience in a leadership role.
- Strong leadership skills that able to demonstrate by achieving desired results through others, while building effective internal stakeholder relationships
- Proven strategic and critical thinking skills as well an ability to execute
- Exceptional negotiation skills and ability to coach and develop others to do the same
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Project and Program Management skill – proven track record of managing and delivering multiple large-scale, multifunctional projects at the same time
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail, clarity, accuracy and conciseness
- Skills in all procurement process disciplines including spend category management, negotiation, supplier selection, supplier value management, benefits capture, requisition to payment, and acquisition integration
- Working knowledge in multiple spend categories
- Expert level financing planning, budgeting and forecasting skills
- Transformative change management skills and self-awareness to take varying approaches with a dynamic set of stakeholders
This is an opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking company that is constantly breaking new ground.
If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung