Regional Procurement Lead, Direct Spend
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Linette Tai (R1985888)
Date posted 09 October 20192019-10-09 2019-12-08 electronics Singapore SG SGD 91000 117000 117000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive Regional Procurement Lead, Direct Spend job has just become available at a global FMCG electronics commodities firm based in Singapore. In this role, you will report directly to the Head of Direct Procurement.
About the Regional Procurement Lead, Direct Spend Role:
You will manage the key supplier accounts for the assigned category, and work closely with regional internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment between forecast plan, financial plan, as well as manage the cost savings for the department.
- Category sourcing for electronic FMCG goods preferably for the business (direct supplier sourcing and management), optimising the category spend for the department to a competitive advantage
- Lead local procurement resources in the individual markets to drive cost control and best local practices
- Lead and partner with affiliate procurement and sourcing strategies to develop and implement strategies across all regions
- Collaborate with key external Japanese business partners to develop joint business plans to meet business needs and priorities
To succeed in this Regional Procurement Lead, Direct Spend role, you need to be highly-skilled at collaboration with problem-solving, communication skills and an understanding of the Japanese culture.
- Six years' experience and BA/BS, or four years' experience and MA/MS
- Understanding of procurement mastery concepts such as benchmarking, business partner relationship management, industry analysis, competitive analysis, competitive bidding, negotiation, policy and stewardship, sourcing strategies and supplier relationship management
- Align group/department strategy with multi-year corporate strategy and create clear links throughout group/department; ability to articulate the vision in an energising and inspiring manner; explain line-of-sight to business imperatives
- Effectively communicate and present complex data (both verbally and written) to influence all levels and external business partner audiences; help others understand data and translate it into actionable business insights
- Ability to formulate conclusions and recommendations using facts and data, business analysis, deductive reasoning and sound judgement
This is a leading FMCG company with a strong goods of trade profile in electronics.
If you are a progressive procurement/sourcing professional with a can-do attitude, this Regional Procurement Lead, Direct Spend role is an excellent opportunity to work in a highly-specialised team with a global leader in the industry.
Apply today to learn more about this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1985888 Linette Tai