Senior Procurement Engineer
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 31 July 20192019-07-31 2019-09-29 manufacturing-and-production Singapore SG SGD 5000 7000 7000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive Senior Procurement Engineer job has just become available at a leading European firm based in Singapore.
About the Senior Procurement Engineer Role:
In this role, you will be accountable for supplier selection, development, as well as implementation of procurement cost reduction and vendor-managed inventory programmes.
- Accountable for supplier selection, development and strategies alliances
- Responsible for the development and implementation of procurement cost reduction and vendor-managed inventory programmes
- Develop and manage relationships with all key suppliers
- Conduct regular review with the team on suppliers' quality and cost reduction targets
- Liaise with suppliers on all quality issues and manage quality improvement programmes
- Make disposition of non-conforming or suspect non-conforming material
To succeed in this Senior Procurement Engineer role, you will need at least five years' direct sourcing experience particularly looking at casting, machining and surface treatment.
- Strong skill sets in managing supplier performance in terms of quality, cost, delivery, and responsiveness
- Understanding of negotiation of commercial terms in awarding sales agreements to vendors
- Strong mechanical knowledge especially in casting, machining and surface treatment
- Diploma/degree in mechanical engineering
- Be firm in dealing with suppliers to get the best in quality and cost for LGT
- Work with internal and external stakeholders in managing expectations of cost issues from pre-production and planning stages to full production
- Three to five years in leading product transfer and new product introduction
This company is one of the top names in its niche market. The business succeeds on the speed of its innovation and there are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company.
If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity for you. You will be part of a dynamic and supportive working environment facing new challenges everyday.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung