Regional Procurement Manager
Salary Market aligned
Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 09 July 20192019-07-09 2019-09-07 manufacturing-and-production Singapore SG SGD 7000 9000 9000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive Regional Procurement Manager role has just been made available at a US-based chemicals company.
About the Regional Procurement Manager Role:
This position is responsible for overall procurement function of direct materials, and key indirect materials spend of USD 30M. Aligning work priorities to team objectives and business strategy, the successful candidate will develop and execute the strategies to mitigate inflation and supply risk, explore alternative sourcing opportunities, and ensure lowest total cost of ownership, and drive raw material productivity projects for cost reduction and cash enhancement.
• Manage regional suppliers in assigned categories; develop the strategy while working closely with both the regional and global teams to optimise total cost of ownership
• Negotiate global / regional supply agreements with approved sources, allocate purchasing volume to different sources to balance cost and risk, and maintain competitive cost and performance advantage
• Drive cost and cash savings projects through negotiation, substitution, low cost sourcing, supplier rationalisation, supplier development to meet annual targets
• Drive new source qualification; improve sourcing processes to accelerate the qualification
• Work closely with product management, R&D, Operation, EHS and product stewardship in the development of new sources opportunity
• Understand the dynamics of assigned raw materials markets and price trends
• Communicate category plans and results to business stakeholders
• Support site procurement team to ensure continuous supply
• Monthly / quarterly / yearly supplier review including internal activities, MOR, S&OP, AOP etc.
• Regular reports and all other requests to be submitted in a timely conforming time frame
To succeed in the Regional Procurement Manager role, you will need at least 10 years of direct procurement experience within the chemicals space.
• Minimum 10 years work experience in a purchasing / sourcing / procurement position, chemicals background is preferred but not a must
• Minimum of a Chemical or Supply Chain related bachelor's degree
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver results independently in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment. Must be self-driven and be able to meet required milestones and deadlines
• Strong analytical, negotiation and execution skills
• Project management skills to effectively lead cross functional team to move new source qualification forward
• Ability to build strong relationships with suppliers, industry experts, and internal stakeholders
• International travels, mostly in APAC, 15-30% of the time
• Fluent in Mandarin as you will need to communicate with with Mandarin-speaking suppliers
If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of a global industry leader.
Apply today or call me to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung