Regional Sourcing Manager
Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 04 April 20192019-04-04 2019-06-03 manufacturing-and-production Singapore SG SGD 130000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
A Regional Sourcing Manager job has just been made available at a market leading manufacturing firm based in Singapore.
About the Regional Sourcing Manager Role:
The Regional Sourcing Manager role will focus on the sourcing activities for plants based across Asia Pacific.
- Overall responsible for developing the PMO’s procurement strategy, leading the Asia Pacific sourcing effort, identifying potential suppliers and conducting negotiations on project buyout and service costs
- Develop global channels of supply at the lowest total buyout and service costs through the establishment of buying agreements with strategic suppliers
- Negotiate not only for the lowest prices but also for the best payment terms, return or repair compensation, and other important terms key to good supplier contracts
- Identify and implement best practices, transforming the procurement function in the PMO from one that is locally driven to one that is truly global and most cost-effective, regardless of location.
- Continuously improve and re-evaluate the purchasing activities of the PMO
- Drive supply chain analysis and strategy, and perform ongoing supplier development and performance management, evaluation and improvement
- Develop benchmarks and scorecards to be used for continuous improvement
To succeed in this Regional Sourcing Manager role, you will need to have at 10 years' sourcing experience for mechanical components.
- At least 10 years of sourcing, procurement and supply management experience
- A proven track record of delivering large savings and other values
- Strong leadership, and excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Analytical mind-set, but also creativity to seek, encourage and find non-traditional approaches to sourcing
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions
- A good working understanding of components and equipment to be sourced, including but not limited to valves, transmitters, pressure and temperature gauges, filters, turbine and ultrasonic meters, etc.
- Very knowledgeable about current market prices of components and equipment to be purchased, and familiar with alternative options that can help reduce costs.
- Experienced with modern sourcing and procurement systems
This company is one of the top names in its niche market. The business succeeds on the speed of its innovation and there are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company.
If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung