Category Specialist, IT
Consultant ShuTing Li (R1879577)
Date posted 11 March 2019 2019-03-112019-05-10 purchasing-and-procurement Singapore SG SGD 4000 5000 5000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
A regional leader in luxury brands retail industry is looking for a self-driven IT Category Specialist to join their Global Procurement team. This job will be reporting toe the Category Lead, IT and will be based in Singapore.
About the Global Procurement Category Specialist, IT Role:
In this business critical role you are responsible for the execution of global supply systems to provide a means of delivering non-merchandise products or services for one-time and replenishment purchasing needs. You will also be responsible for global, divisional or localised contract opportunities for IT products and services: data assembly, vendor search and engagement, data analytic, research into the product or service, negotiation of contracts, contract development and consensus building to improve participation, as well as renewal of expiring contracts.
- Communicate and coordinate all activities necessary for the implementation of global, divisional and localised contracts
- Maintain alignment with field and global sourcing activities
- Manage participation and compliance
- Be an interactive agent to encourage and build procurement process improvements at the field level
- Manage sourcing technology activities such as, but not limited to: reverse auctions, bid system templates, E-platform development, etc
- Conduct Spend data analysis and management
- Identify, investigate and qualify vendors for divisional contracting for IT products and/or services
- Conduct vendor qualification research
- Conduct product testing and qualification
- Analyse proposals and make recommendations to Senior Management for contracting for products and/or services
- Manage local suppliers and incorporate the resources of vendors to drive standards
- Conduct periodic audits of divisional and localised contract pricing
- Monitors performance of supplier (s) against agreed performance criteria
To succeed in the Category Specialist IT job, you must have strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Degree in IT or related business education
- Minimum of three years of sourcing experience in IT equipment and services especially digital services
- Strong communication and relationship building skills, in variety of contexts
- Organisation skills and ability to assimilate to taught negotiation strategies
- Possesses a broad knowledge of divisional complexities
- Assertive personality and ability to proactively eliminate barriers
- Good technical skills, specifically spreadsheet development
- Leadership skills and abilities
The successful Category Specialist, IT will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are a highly-motivated, mature, organised and an energetic team player who enjoys continuous improvement in e-Procurement, this is an excellent opportunity to work for the regional leading luxury brands retailer.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1879577 ShuTing Li