Regional Ocean Procurement Manager
Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 18 February 2019 2019-02-182019-04-19 purchasing-and-procurement Singapore SG SGD 6000 9000 9000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
A Regional Ocean Procurement Manager job has just been made available at a global Logistics firm based in Singapore.
About the Regional Ocean Procurement Manager Role:
As the Regional Ocean Procurement Manager, you will focus on optimising all Ocean Freight procurement activities and driving the next growth phase for the company within Southeast Asia.
- To further optimise all freight and logistics procurement process regionally, enhance cooperation and coordination with Regional team and other ASEAN branches
- Design, develop, support and implement global/regional strategies to optimise OCEAN cost for all entities
- Integrate and optimise regional process to gain leverage on global freight and logistics spend with good understanding of service provider pricing mechanism
- Leading commercial negotiations to achieve annual saving targets, incl. Payment term, INCO terms, etc. for all freight and logistics spend
To succeed in this Regional Ocean Procurement Manager job, you will need to have at least five years' sourcing experience with in-depth understanding of ocean freight within the region.
- Degree in Business, Supply Chain/Logistics Management
- At least 10 years of relevant experiences in logistics industry preferred with good network and experiences in regional/global freight and logistics procurement
- Diligent, pro-active, self-motivation, self-confident, open-minded and out-going
- Able to work independently and lead in a cross-cultural and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skill and strong logical thinking and analytical ability
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin; additional ASEAN language is an advantage to liaise with regional counterparts
- Good computer and presentation skills
This global logistics firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung