Regional Logistics Buyer
Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 25 January 2019 2019-01-252019-03-23 automotive Singapore SG SGD 5000 8000 8000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An attractive Regional Logistics Buyer job in Singapore has just been made available at a leading European firm based in Singapore.
About the Regional Logistics Buyer Role:
In this role, you will be driving the implementation of global sourcing strategies and projects, systems and processes in the Region. You will also drive operational efficiency at a regional level and be the purchasing interface with partners and suppliers in the Region.
- Manage assigned tenders within the region, including RFI´s & RFQ´s analysis, calculation, evaluation, suppliers meetings and negotiations, contracts issues (Be responsible for local & regional purchasing for assigned commodities & geographical area)
- Manage adhoc quotation within the region
- Represent Logistics Purchasing in regional site meetings
- Be the first purchasing point of contact for assigned contracts and running business
- Work with global systems and processes in the region
- Drive purchasing efficiency in the region
- Drive continuous improvements and contract management during contract validity
- Deliver the agreed and committed objectives for the region
- Manage the commercial relationship with specified suppliers
- Promote and monitor the application of the required ethics & standards of integrity
- Regional business intelligence, (continuously follow up, consider and share knowledge about the evolution of costs & trends within the transportation and logistics sector with particular focus within the regions)
- Ensure the fulfillment of KPI´s within the assigned scope
- Identify potential new suppliers and develop innovative logistics solutions in the region
- In full coordination with the Commodity buyers, develop and implement global Commodity sourcing strategy within regions
- In full cooperation with Commodity buyers, support and participate in commodity sourcing projects by providing local & regional requirements and market knowledge
- For assigned contracts, handle the relationship with the suppliers representatives in the regions
- Take part in local projects driven by regional Logistics Development
- Perform suppliers evaluation
- Secure information flows between regions and commodities
To succeed in this Regional Logistics Buyer role, you will need at least five years of logistics procurement experience.
- Hold a university degree and/or MBA
- Show a real talent for cultural integration
- Broad generalist profile with cross-functional background would be valuable
- Good regional knowledge (markets, transport and logistics innovations)
- Good understanding of transport and commercial vehicles industries and business analyses
- General purchasing knowledge in all modes of transport and logistics
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Proactive, reactive and flexible mindset
This leading organisation is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise and great value is placed on training and development.
If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity for you. You will be part of a dynamic and supportive working environment facing new challenges everyday.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung