Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 02 October 2018 2018-10-022018-12-01 education-and-training 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Purchasing Manager job has just been made available at a well-known education institution in Singapore.
About the Purchasing Manager Role:
You will be responsible for organising and supervising the comprehensive purchasing functions in the school with mandated requirements; overseeing daily activities including major purchases associated with the expansion of the school; administer the tender process; negotiate terms and conditions with vendors and/or serve providers; and achieving department objectives and goals within budget.
- Work closely with the Director of Finance to plan, organise, direct, manage and evaluate the purchasing activities and budget of the organisation
- Develop and manage the organisation's purchasing policies, procedures, standards; and strategies in order to ensure process transparency, fairness, impartiality and confidentiality
- Ensure all purchasing activities support and strengthen the strategic objectives of the overall organisation
- Negotiate major purchases, develop blanket or master agreements with suppliers, and engage in contract management (e.g. copier, equipment purchases and maintenance, paper distribution, etc.) Confer with management and staff across the organisation coordinating purchasing activities
- Research contracts, suppliers, equipment and regulations, including evaluation of new products for the purpose of analysing information to determine product and/or service need and availability as necessary
- Manage the Purchasing Department staff members including but not limited to employee concerns/problems, directing work, training, performance appraisals, etc., ensuring work assignments are complete and within department objectives
- Work with operations personnel to open new, expanded or remodelled schools for the purpose of ensuring that furnishing, equipment, supplies, etc. are in place in accordance with construction timelines and within budget
To succeed in this Purchasing Manager role, you will need a minimum of seven years' procurement/purchasing experience, preferably within an education institution.
- Working experience as Purchasing Manager
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- The ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- Team management experience
This is a well-known education institution that needs no introduction. If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung