Regional Procurement Manager - F&B Finished Goods
Consultant Derek Li (R1766998)
Date posted 18 September 2018 2018-09-182018-11-17 purchasing-and-procurement 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A leading FMCG company has a job opportunity for a talented Regional Procurement Manager - F&B Finished Goods to join the Singapore office.
About the Regional Procurement Manager - F&B Finished Goods Role:
You will work closely with global procurement to institute best practices in APAC for sourcing, supplier relationships, risk reduction and policy implementation.
- Apply purchasing/procurement methodology to achieve organisational objectives, best value for the enterprise, and achievement of target return on investments (ROI)
- Source for and purchase locally or regionally sourced food and beverages – collectively referred to as nutrition and related finished goods from various consumer products companies and other manufacturing suppliers
- Work very closely with internal clients to identify sourcing needs, conduct buy/market profiles, and define acceptable service levels
- Develop sourcing strategies, solicit/analyse request for proposals, negotiate contracts, and coordinate supplier integration plan with internal client
- Compile and analyse statistical data to determine feasibility of buying nutrition products and establish price objectives
- Establish a supplier relationship management process with continuous improvement goals/programs
- Monitor market dynamics and communicate changes that affect internal client needs
- Compile information to keep informed on nutrition products' industries, suppliers and processes
- Confer with suppliers and analyses supplier operations to determine factors that affect prices; determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules
- Review proposals, negotiate prices, select or recommend suppliers, analyse trends, verify delivery, approve payment, and maintain necessary records; prepare bid packages where necessary
To succeed in this Regional Procurement Manager - F&B Finished Goods role, you should have strong knowledge of suppliers within the nutrition product category and possess strong relationship-building skills.
- Subject matter expertise in suppliers within nutrition (F&B) product categories; this may span multiple product sub-categories including but not limited to energy drinks, supplements, confectionery, etc.
- Strong relationship-building experience
- Process manager for strategic marketing sourcing including implementation of industry analysis, RFP/RFI development, CDA implementation, scorecards, 360 supplier reviews
- Ability to lead cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Strong negotiation skills to find cost-saving opportunities with suppliers
- Ability to manage procurement process and lead marketing partners within Korea, Japan, Southeast Asia and Australia
If you are a senior procurement professional with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with a global leader in the industry.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1766998 Derek Li