Regional Energy Sourcing Manager
Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 31 August 2018 2018-08-312018-10-30 manufacturing-and-production 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Regional Energy Sourcing Manager job has just been made available at a global chemicals firm based in Singapore.
About the Regional Energy Sourcing Manager Role:
You will focus on energy sourcing activities for plants based across Asia Pacific. This position will play a key role in understanding the gas and electricity markets and managing key negotiations with suppliers.
- Gather market intelligence and knowledge about the players in the Asian energy markets
- Manage the supply for sites concerning electricity, steam and gas and create savings for the group
- Team work in the internal purchasing team as well as with the energy management of the sites
- Work with the business line team to identify and develop key policies areas for the business
- Provide regular updates on the key elements for his/her area
- Support Energy Regulations in attending and representing the group at meetings, events and conferences with partners and other stakeholders
- Stay updated on trends within own market and all other (financial, legal, competitive, etc.) information relevant for the own domain and perimeter
- Meet on regular basis with internal partners in order to stay informed about their business, their challenges and their purchase demands and needs
- Prepare tenders for steam, electricity and gas, etc. considering all relevant information from internal customer
- Meet with potential suppliers and negotiate the contract conditions
- Create sourcing savings for the internal customer
- Discuss and update the negotiation results with the internal customer
To succeed in this Regional Energy Sourcing Manager role, you will need to have at least five years' sourcing experience with in-depth understanding of energy markets within the region.
- Supplier market intelligence: Deep understanding of the market and the players
- Purchasing strategies: be an expert to define in the Asian segments the appropriate purchasing strategies
- Negotiation and purchasing: Deep understanding and knowledge of negotiation process and negotiation strategies, tactics and techniques and the ability to apply these
- Supplier contract management: Ability to manage life and deployment of procurement contracts, to ensure and respect the agreement.
- Complex system of multicultural, environmental. and purchasing: Ability to work efficiently and successfully in a multicultural team
- Capacity to develop networks and communication skills
- Minimum five years' experience in the industry and/or energy market
- Bachelor's degree
This is a global chemicals company with rewarding growth opportunities. If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung