Senior Procurement Engineer, VAVE (Electrical)
Consultant Derek Li (R1766998)
Date posted 12 July 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A leading medical devices company has a job opportunity for a Senior Procurement Engineer, VAVE (Electrical) to join the Global Supplier Alliance team based in Singapore. You will work with relevant stakeholders to define and implement VA/VE activities to drive cost reduction and maintain/increase product quality.
About the Senior Procurement Engineer, VAVE (Electrical) role:
You will be tasked to develop, implement and project-manage value analysis and value engineering product cost reduction programmes throughout the product life cycle across the various business units. You will coordinate and perform mechanical engineering activities necessary to develop and maintain products from conception to production.
The key to being successful in this role is collaboration with internal stakeholders including product development, component engineering, product life cycle engineering and external suppliers to ensure effective engagement of cross-functional teams.
- Work within regulatory requirements such as the MDSAP, FDA, ISO, IEC, etc.
- Apply engineering skills and technology to the product design process
- Design, develop, prototype, and test required subsystem and its interface to the system
- Mature approach to design with due consideration to requirements relating to marketing needs, the needs of patients and customers, human factors / usability, patient therapy
- Performance requirements, environmental factors and design for manufacturing and assembly
- Self-management of tasks by the individual and directed by the manager
- Assess and effectively communicate the impact of issues with internal customers
- Research, design, and development of products for manufacture
- Testing, verification and validation of products and alterations thereof to ensure they meet the necessary requirements and specifications under anticipated usage scenarios and operating conditions
- Liaise with internal customers and suppliers in relation to design issues
- Collaborate day-to-day with technical and engineering stakeholders on re-designs or new designs as required
To succeed in this Senior Procurement Engineer, VAVE (Electrical) role, you should have knowledge of electronic and electrical components and experience using electronic design simulation tools.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of electronic and electrical components
- Experience using electronic design simulation tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work with other engineering disciplines
- Ability to work with other sections of the company including quality assurance, regulatory affairs and manufacturing
This is a leading medical devices company. If you are a progressive procurement professional with a can-do attitude, this Senior Procurement Engineer, VAVE (Electrical) role is an excellent opportunity to work in a highly specialised team with a global leader in the industry.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1766998 Derek Li