Regional Category Lead - Retail
Consultant Derek Li (R1766998)
Date posted 12 July 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A leader in the fast-moving consumer goods sector is looking for a talented Regional Category Lead - Retail to be based in Singapore. In this job, you will be managing the regional procurement strategy fixtures, fit-outs and maintenance of retail outlets across the APAC region.
About the Regional Category Lead - Retail role:
Reporting to the Head of Indirect Procurement, this is an individual contributory role and an exciting opportunity to join a newly-formed regional procurement team in Singapore.
- Full procurement life-cycle responsibility and autonomy for sourcing strategic goods and services
- Contribute to achieving the business objectives and cost-saving target delivery
- Continuous improvement of processes to drive simplicity & ensure efficient ways of working
- Set up clear objectives and monitor supplier performance
- Ensure stakeholders needs are met and that they get necessary commercial guidance
- Identify best practices in this category and provide recommendations to bring efficiencies across all business units
- Develop standardised contracts, addendum and framework agreements and ensure APAC usage compliance for locally-managed spend
- Provide affiliate buyers with strategic and operational input to support local initiatives and ensure alignment with regional category strategy
- Define standard operating procedures for APAC sourcing process
To succeed in this Regional Category Lead - Retail role, you should have demonstrable experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Strong understanding of retail store design and its guiding principles/theories/values
- Plan, manage and execute all procurement aspects of new store openings, re-locations and store closings with business partners
- Implement and partner cross-functionally to standardise communication processes that inform and support retail store initiatives
- Strong understanding of merchandising/visual merchandising required, ensuring alignment of merchandise, visual and store design presentations
- Demonstrable experience of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, with a strong focus on customer service
- Demonstrated ability to lead negotiations and develop negotiation strategies for large and complex projects and contracts
This is a rare opening to join one of the leaders in the FMCG industry that is currently undergoing transformation to drive efficiency and refocus investments on the growth initiatives. If you are a progressive procurement professional with a can-do attitude, this role is an excellent opportunity to work in a highly specialised team with a global industry leader.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1766998 Derek Li