Regional Procurement Lead - Logistics
Consultant Derek Li (R1766998)
Date posted 09 March 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A leader in the fast-moving consumer goods sector is looking for a talented Regional Procurement Lead - Logistics to be based in Singapore. In this job, you will be developing regional sourcing strategies to deliver innovative solutions and operational excellence within the APAC Procurement organisation.
About the Regional Procurement Lead - Logistics Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for developing the sourcing strategy, identifying the business needs of the company through broad and active communication with the internal functions and connecting with outside capability utilising business analysis (industry, supplier, competitive).
- Develop and execute regional sourcing strategies for the Logistics (Freight Forwarding, 3PL, warehousing, etc.) spend category to maximise economic value and provide a regional/global competitive advantage
- Lead local procurement resources to drive cost control, best practices and process improvements
- Lead and partner with affiliate procurement across the region to develop and implement strategies
- Collaborate with key business partners to develop joint business plans to meet business needs and priorities
To succeed in this Regional Procurement Lead - Logistics role, you need to be highly-skilled at collaboration with problem-solving and communication skills.
- Six years' experience and BA/BS, OR four years' experience and MA/MS
- Understanding of procurement mastery concepts of the following: Benchmarking, Business Partner Relationship Management, Industry Analysis, Competitive Analysis, Competitive Bidding, Negotiation, Policy and Stewardship, Sourcing Strategies and Supplier Relationship Management
- Able to articulate vision and strategies to win: Align group/department strategy with multi-year corporate strategy and create clear links throughout group/department; ability to articulate the vision in an energising and inspiring manner; explain line-of-sight to business imperatives
- Communicate business information: Effectively communicating and presenting complex data (both verbally and written) to influence all levels and global audiences; help others understand data and translate it into actionable business insights
- Critical thinking: Ability to formulate conclusions and recommendations using facts and data, business analysis, deductive reasoning and sound judgement
If you are a progressive procurement/sourcing professional with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work in a highly-specialised team with a global leader in the industry.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1766998 Derek Li