APAC Procurement Manager
Consultant Mariia Chigrinova (R1660718)
Date posted 07 March 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A leading international FMCG company is looking for an experienced APAC Procurement Manager in Singapore. In this job, you will be tasked to lead and provide sourcing and supplier management expertise to the Asia Pacific region.
About the APAC Procurement Manager role:
You will be responsible for meeting operational requirements and for delivering the optimal balance of quality, cost and service while keeping risks under control, working with the global purchasing team and delivering savings.
- Constantly analyse all existing expenses and suppliers relationships to identify value improvement opportunities
- Provide supply market and negotiation expertise on the sourcing process and best practices; drive adoption of best practices and standardised processes
- Coach the local in-country teams to create and use a database of preferred suppliers
- Define methodology and coach the local in-country teams to assess each supplier’s performance to help decision making
- Lead high-priority regional or strategic sourcing initiatives when necessary, establish scope of sourcing projects including roles and responsibilities between procurement and function stakeholders
- Originate new concepts and innovative approaches for the organisation
- On a regular basis, assess the performance of the supplier and spend management procedure and recommend adaptations whenever needed to facilitate stewardship and efficiency
- Constantly analyse potential risks and prioritise action plans accordingly
- Together with local teams, ensure due diligence with key and important suppliers through the Know Your Supplier Program and robust contracts
- Provide expertise and build effective relationships with strategic internal and external stakeholders
To succeed in this role, you should have at least 10 years' experience in strategic sourcing or procurement management with strong project management skills.
- B.S. / B.A. degree in Purchasing
- 10+ years' strategic sourcing, procurement management experience
- Demonstrated success of leading project teams to achieving quantifiable savings by applying sourcing methods
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to drive change in a global decentralised organisation with minimal supervision
- Champion of best practice processes, tools and ability to provide qualitative recommendations and drive change
- Strong project management skills and results-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation management experience
The company is a leading player in FMCG. If you have a successful track record of indirect procurement and enjoy working in a team environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting APAC Procurement Manager role.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1660718 Mariia Chigrinova