Manager, Regional Direct Material Procurement
Consultant Derek Li (R1766998)
Date posted 02 February 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A global leader in the FMCG sector is looking for a Manager, Regional Direct Material Procurement to be based in Singapore. In this job, you will be leading the development and execution of transformational regional sourcing strategies to ensure a competitive advantage for finished goods including local sourcing items and supplementary finished products for the company's core products.
About the Manager, Regional Direct Material Procurement role:
You will be responsible for developing strategies and plans to support regionalisation of sourcing finished goods (locally sourced products, promotional items and give-away sample non-core products) . You will work very closely with internal clients to three Chief Marketing Officers in the areas of: identifying sourcing needs; conducting buy/market profiles; and defining acceptable service levels.
- Develop sourcing strategies; solicit/analyse request for proposals; negotiate contracts and coordinate supplier integration plan with internal client, which then entails the extensive development of local suppliers to support the business in this region
- Develop supplementary finished products for core products
- Responsible for improving the system (including R&R alignment) and organisational capabilities for regional direct procurement organisation
- Manage the region, which includes: Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Australia and New Zealand, Japan, Korea
To succeed in this Manager, Regional Direct Material Procurement role, you should be a highly-skilled individual contributor capable of dealing with highly-complex commercial negotiations and agreements as well as sensitive supplier relationships.
- Sourcing Skill Mastery (Sourcing Strategy, Industry Analysis, Supplier Relationship Management, Commercial Contracting, Negotiation, Competitive Bidding, Economic Analysis, Linking, Leveraging, Competitive Analysis, and knowledge of P2P systems/work processes)
- Leadership Skills (Organisation Development, Communication, Strategy)
- Strong Ownership of Results: Take personal responsibility with clear link to overall performance/goals; monitor, document with solid evidence, and evaluate performance via appropriate system; ability to drive the regional team to deliver the regional targets
- Team management leadership: Effectively lead multi-functional and supplier teams
- Critical Thinking: Ability to formulate conclusions and recommendations using facts and data, business analysis, deductive reasoning and sound judgment.
- Global Cultural Awareness: Culturally aware of the impact of their actions and seek to work collaboratively with personnel of all regions of the globe
- Project Management: Ability to establish courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently and on time
- 10+ years' experience
- Degree in Business, Engineering, or Supply Chain
The company is a global leader in its field of expertise and needs no introduction. If you are a progressive procurement professional with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work in a highly specialised team with an industry leader.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1766998 Derek Li