Manager, Regional Indirect Procurement
Consultant Derek Li (R1766998)
Date posted 01 February 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A global leader in the FMCG sector is looking for a talented Manager, Regional Indirect Procurement to be based in Singapore. Reporting to the Regional Head of Indirect Procurement, this job will see you leading the development and execution of transformational regional sourcing strategies to ensure a competitive advantage for the indirect spend portfolio.
About the Manager, Regional Indirect Procurement role:
You will be responsible for developing strategies and plans to support regionalisation of sourcing and purchasing indirect materials, finished goods and services for operations, corporate offices, shops and regional distribution centres. You will work very closely with internal clients to identify sourcing needs, conduct buy/market profiles, and define acceptable service levels.
The Manager, Regional Indirect Procurement role is designed for a highly-skilled individual contributor who must deal with highly-complex commercial agreements and negotiations, as well as sensitive supplier relationships. This is a role that may lead to a management/leadership position as the organisation becomes more defined.
- Manage and support eight countries: Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Australia and New Zealand
- Develop sourcing strategies, solicit/analyse request for proposals, negotiate contracts and coordinate supplier integration plan
- Business partner joint business plan development; extensive affiliate engagement and alignment of global sourcing strategies; global supplier relationship management
- Transformational increase in indirect procurement involvement in the strategic sourcing of indirect spend across the global business
- Work with affiliate procurement organisations to build procurement capability, industry knowledge and internal customer engagement
- Manage complex global business relationships with suppliers as well as aligning internal business partner needs with global sourcing strategies and supplier management in support of strategic operating model's long-range affiliate business plans
To succeed in this Manager, Regional Indirect Procurement role, you should be an expert at sourcing with strong leadership skills.
- Sourcing mastery (sourcing strategy, industry analysis, supplier relationship management, commercial contracting, negotiation, competitive bidding, economic analysis, linking, leveraging, competitive analysis, and knowledge of P2P systems/work processes)
- Strong skills in organisational development, communication and strategy
- Ability to articulate vision and strategies to win: Ability to align group/department strategy with multi-year corporate strategy and create clear links throughout group/department; articulate the vision in an energising and inspiring manner; explain line-of-sight to business imperatives
- Critical thinking: Ability to formulate conclusions and recommendations using facts and data, business analysis, deductive reasoning and sound judgment
- Degree in Business or Engineering
- Over 10+ years' experience
If you are a progressive procurement professional with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work in a highly-specialised team with a global leader in the industry.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1766998 Derek Li