Regional Procurement Manager/External Supply
Consultant Derek Li (R1766998)
Date posted 05 January 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A global leader in the Pharmaceutical sector has a job opportunity for a talented Regional Procurement Manager/External Supply to be based in Singapore. The Regional Procurement Manager will report to the Regional Procurement Director and will assume primary responsibility for regional third-party supplier management and sourcing.
About the Regional Procurement Manager/External Supply Role:
You will lead the cross-functional team in all projects involving third party suppliers to achieve optimal cost, service and quality results as well as ensure compliance for the company.
- Conduct tenders and prepare evaluation and analysis of proposals and contracts in accordance with their business suitability
- Conduct spend analysis, assess business opportunities and drive cost savings ideation, delivery and reporting
- Actively seek to strategically optimise the supplier base to improve price leverage and reduce complexity
- Develop strategy to reduce supply risk by sourcing alternative suppliers for key products
- Develop ‘should cost’ models and industry benchmarks to identify savings opportunities, specifically in packaging and raw materials, as well as conversion costs
Supplier Relationship Management
- Act as key account of the cross-functional relationship with third parties in the APAC region and drive internal alignment and strategy
- Build a comprehensive sourcing network and constantly strive to find new and better sources of supply and better ways of meeting the company’s requirements
- Monitor supplier performance against KPIs and compliance with contractual terms and conditions
- Identify third party opportunities and technology innovation to support sourcing requirements
- Support the Regional Director in rolling out procurement strategies across APAC
- Provide regional leadership, guidance and supports internal manufacturing sites and distribution centres to improve sourcing processes and reduce costs of raw and packaging materials
- Play a key role in developing and executing best in class third party supply sourcing strategies
- Manage common purchasing activities such as tax audit, accounting audit and product stewardship, etc
- Support Purchasing Managers and Buyers in other plants/ regions to do market investigation and build purchasing strategy
To succeed in the Regional Procurement Manager/External Supply role, you will need to have experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
- University degree in Science or Business
- Seven years' Sourcing and External Supply experience
This pharmaceutical company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are a progressive procurement professional with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work in a highly specialised team with a global leader in the industry.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1766998 Derek Li