Principal Category Manager
Salary SGD100000 - SGD140000 per annum
Consultant Marion Rosselot (R1546860)
Date posted 11 November 2016
An exciting Principal category manager role has just become available at a global company.
About the Principal Category Manager role:
In this role, you will execute category management activities to deliver value to the business through optimising business needs, delivering commercial value and managing risk. This role is a great opportunity to develop and deploy global category strategies for ensuring continuous and competitive supply of explosives goods and services for consumption mining operations on a worldwide basis and reporting to the Senior Category Manager.
- Applies specialist sourcing, commercial and supply market knowledge and skills to deliver excellence in category management
- Developing and recommending a comprehensive and agile global category strategy for explosives, focuses on creating sustainable value and suited to the evolving needs of the business
- Executing an effective sourcing program including project managing the implementation of complex supply agreement
- Challenging the business with innovative, entrepreneurial ideas and opportunities for the creation of value through cash release or productivity improvements within the “Drill and Blast” space
- Implementing a robust governance process and engagement model with key BU champions, functional peers and suppliers
- Supporting and leading commercial and contractual activities
To be successful in the Principal Category Manager job, you should have more than 5 years' track record in a relevant role.
- Degree in a Commercial or Engineering discipline
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation expertise with proven category management capabilities
- Strong project management, problem solving, strategic and analytical capability
- Ability to achieve outcomes through influencing and collaboration with others
- Working knowledge of commercial legal contract law in some or all key supplier business locations (eg. Asia, Australia, Europe, US and Canada)
- MBA or other post-graduate qualification would be beneficial
- Sound understanding of the technical aspects and market structure of the explosives category would be beneficial
The successful manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment. If you are a progressive Category Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
If you want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Apply now!
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1546860 Marion Rosselot