Consultant Derek Li (R1766998)
Date posted 12 July 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A global leader in the chemical sector is looking for a talented Production Planner to be based in Singapore. In this job, you will be managing the supply (raw materials and components), demand (customer orders received into SAP) and inventory management requirements of the organisation.
About the Production Planner role:
Reporting to the Manager of Planning, you will continuously explore opportunities for process and cost improvements both internally and externally. You will work closely with the Planning Leader for overall alignment of raw materials and component supply; customer order fulfilment and stewardship of inventory targets and KPIs.
- Optimise blending instructions to operations
- Steward the inventory against targets, together with Planning Leader
- Replenish and purchase raw materials from affiliates and third parties or other assigned purchases
- Resolve plant supply, production or customer fulfilment issues with affiliates, plant colleagues and third party suppliers
- Verification of various demurrage charges by supplier/third party for approval
- Provide back-up support for the Production Scheduler and the planning team
- Stock reconciliation for Singapore Plant and Stolt Depot
- Manage supply chain to reduce total costs to the organisation
- Define, implement and maintain robust supply chain process in line with company's global processes, together with Supply Chain, Procurement and Plan teams
- Work with Planning Leader to monitor and analyse trends to provide risk-based input and/or make decisions on inventory stocking, order fulfilment and facilities operations especially during extended peak season demand periods
- Provide inputs and recommendations to the AP S&OP monthly team meetings
To succeed in this Production Planner role, you should have prior experience in manufacturing/supply chain and good communication skills.
- Advanced or continuing education
- Three or more years’ experience in Manufacturing, Supply Chain or other relevant work areas
- Knowledge of manufacturing and/or supply chain processes
- Computer literacy — knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge in MRP/MIMI planning tools
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- Problem-solving and analysis skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to a changing and evolving environment, especially in supply-crisis scenarios
This is a global chemicals company that needs no introduction.
If you are a progressive supply chain specialist with a can-do attitude, this Production Planner role is an excellent opportunity to work in a highly specialised team with a global leader in the industry.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1766998 Derek Li