Materials Manager - APAC
Salary SGD120000 - SGD160000 per annum
Consultant Sean Chen (R1547914)
Date posted 02 November 2016
A rapidly expanding industrial automation company is looking for a talented Materials Manager to cover APAC. In this job, you will be responsible in providing and maintaining product availability across all business units.
About the Materials Manager - APAC Role:
This role will have overall responsibility for regional service and inventory performance and be responsible for regional Sales and Operations Planning, master production scheduling, inventory planning, rough cut capacity planning for regional factories and supply chain excellence.
This is a great opportunity for the Materials Manager to manage a team of master production schedulers, materials analysts and country planners. Additionally, as part of our matrix organisation structure, this role will provide leadership to the materials planning teams in our regional manufacturing facilities in Shanghai and Singapore.
- Development of S&OP planning strategies for multiple business groups
- Oversee the development and monitor ongoing effectiveness of production and inventory control practices and standardisation with a team of Master schedulers, Finished Good planners and Analysts
- Develop master production schedule and rough cut capacity plans for all regional manufacturing facilities
- Inventory planning strategy and execution to ensure replenishment requests by the countries are consistent with the current and future demand forecasts and with the recommended safety stock and reorder quantity levels
- Drives strategic projects such as DMI roll out distributor inventory planning enhancement and Preferred Products
- Ensure thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures
To succeed in this Materials Manager - APAC role, you must have the ability to lead effectively and possess a keen understanding of production and inventory operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration, specialising in Operations Management or Supply Chain Management, Masters preferred
- At least 10-12 years' experience with 6-7 years as a people manager in materials planning or inventory management and a demonstrated ability to implement, lead and execute process improvements in materials or logistics
- 3-4 years' experience in broader areas of supply chain like international freight, distribution and warehousing will be a plus
- In depth knowledge of ERP Systems (preferably SAP) including planning, inventory control, bill of material infrastructures, and item master, experience in SAP environment is preferred
- Possess a solid working knowledge of lean manufacturing and 6 Sigma CPI techniques
- Logistics/Inventory Management Certification preferred (APICS certification is highly desired)
The successful Materials Manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field.
If you are a progressive Materials Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1547914 Sean Chen