Regional Facilities Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 16 September 20192019-09-16 2019-11-15 pharmaceuticals Singapore SG SGD 120000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive Regional Facilities Manager job has just become available at a global medical devices company based in Singapore. In this role, you will report directly to the Director of Facilities.
About the Regional Facilities Manager Role:
This role will be responsible for maintenance (preventive and corrective), utility operations, monitoring and implementation of small facilities projects within Asia Pacific. This position requires effective collaboration with management counterparts throughout the organisation’s network and with external service providers and relevant agency and community representatives.
- Plan and manage all building and manufacturing equipment maintenance for Singapore sites. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to preventive and corrective building and site maintenance services, pest control and design/implementation of small to mid-sized capital projects
- Set clear performance expectations for the facilities management (FM) provider, monitoring their achievements, and facilitating continuous improvements
- Assure safe, timely and high quality execution with proper documentation of all maintenance activities
- Prepare and organise technical documentation including, but not limited to: cleaning, operations and preventive maintenance procedures; investigation reports; discrepancy response; corrective actions
- Oversee and manage the computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) used for scheduling and documenting all maintenance activities for facilities, utilities, grounds and equipment
- Recommend vendor and contract service provider selection, developing the means and measures for selection. Analyse quotes to present options and recommendations. Provide point of control between consultants and the company. Oversee the work of numerous outsourced service providers
- Prepare and manage operating budgets and track costs and scheduling information for building operations and capital improvement projects. Review all facility related invoices. Ensure operations and projects meet expectations for quality and costs. Track expenses and recommend cost savings
- Respond to emergencies 24/7 and lead the resolution of unforeseen problems. Acts as a conduit of information for upper management and communicates with all employees in emergency situations, power or other building service disruptions
- Lead and manage insurance audits and recommend improvements to meet the requirements
- Foster innovation and a culture of continuous improvement within the facilities organisation
To succeed in this Regional Facilities Manager role, you must have at least 10 years of relevant facilities management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a engineering, construction or management discipline, or equivalent work experience in a leadership capacity
- Well-versed in BMS (building management systems) and CMMS (computerised maintenance management systems)
- At least 10 years of progressive responsibility in facilities management
- At least five years in a supervision/staff management role
- Ability to mentor, develop and inspire staff to achieve their potential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and analyse construction drawings, schematics, specifications, codes, and handbooks
- Thorough knowledge of buildings-mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, control and alarm systems and codes
- Ability to work with spreadsheets and develop budgets.
This global company is a medical devices firm with a strong presence in Asia Pacific. The company offers a great working environment with a strong emphasis on training and development.
If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this Regional Facilities Manager role is an excellent opportunity for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung