Regional Distribution Centre Director
Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 22 May 20192019-05-22 2019-07-21 manufacturing-and-production Singapore SG SGD 180000 210000 210000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An attractive Regional Distribution Centre Director job has just been made available at a Fortune 500 firm based in Singapore. In this role, you will report directly to the Head of Operations.
About the Regional Distribution Centre Director Role:
This role will manage a large-sized logistics centre to ensure efficient, high degrees of client satisfaction and timely processing and distribution of parts.
- Managing operations to ensure client service levels and financial targets (costs, budgets, variable margin and before-tax profit) are achieved
- Responsible for distribution operation processes which include but are not limited to receiving, storage, kitting, sub-assembly, order filling, packing, shipping, quality control, inspection, inventory counts, supplier scheduling, returns and related functions to provide shipping and receiving accuracy and inventory reconciliation and making warranty decisions on defective material relating to the percentage of usability remaining
- Working with management team to develop/review operational procedures and quality plans to ensure the operation complies with local government requirements
- Developing and implementing operations changes to reduce costs and/or improve efficiency
- Responsible for all employee related activities of the facility.
- Working with the local HR group, when appropriate, to recruit, select, develop and train staff
- Promoting/supporting day to-day operational and safety issues with support of management team
- Working closely with management team to determine methods to monitor the facility for security, maintaining the property and providing janitorial service
- Purchasing and maintaining equipment and vehicles and purchasing office and warehouse/facility supplies
- Preparing budget and objectives and various reports, attending appropriate meetings, building a relationship with the client/s and the community
To succeed in this Regional Distribution Centre Director role, you will need to have at least 15 years' experience in distribution centre operations, preferably within the industrial manufacturing space.
- Bachelor degree ideally in Supply Chain Management or Business/Leadership Management
- Significant leadership experience leading a large team and facility
- Must be bilingual in both fluent written and verbal Mandarin Chinese and English (speak, read & write)
- Experience in developing and owning an engaging workplace culture
- Proven experience within a leadership capacity, a leader of leaders
- Strong and deep understanding of SPM/EWM (Extended Warehouse Management) and production system model and lean manufacturing principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), as well as a willingness to collaborate and partner with internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to make independent decisions with very little direct supervision
- Experience managing multi million dollar budgets with a high degree of accountability to meet and exceed facility KPI's
This global company is is a Fortune 500 firm with a strong presence in Asia Pacific. The company offers a great working environment with a strong emphasis on training and development.
If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity for you. You will be part of a forward-thinking company that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung