Facilities and Security Manager
Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 06 March 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Facilities and Security Manager job has just been made available in an education institution based in Singapore.
About the Facilities and Security Manager Role:
You will be responsible for the facilities, security resources and system management of the school campus and other assigned areas.
- Lead a team of Facilities Executives and in-house vendors on the day-to-day operations of soft FM services and other assigned areas
- Management, analysis and follow-up on all requests and feedback raised through the school service management tool (CMMS System)
- Management and overseeing of all Facilities Operations checks as per prescribed requirement and frequency
- Assist and support efforts in periodical facilities budget review exercise
- Ensure timely submissions, analysis and monthly report submission to Head of Operations
- Coordinate and liaise with vendors and government bodies on matters pertaining to all Campus Facilities Operational needs and requirements
- Perform subordinate and employee periodical job performance review
Security and Safe Guarding Management
- Oversee, plan and coordinate Campus Security Operations
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of all safe guarding policies, especially with third party vendors management
- Conduct monthly Management Review with respective Service Partners, to establish standard of achievement and areas of improvement
- Responsible for the submission of Monthly Security Management and Project Progress Report
- Responsible in ensuring appointed security service partner provide approved resources according to contractual requirements on a daily basis
- Conduct monthly Security Management Review with Service Partner to establish standard of achievement and areas of improvement
- Reviewing, establishing and enforcing security policies and procedures to maintain a safe and secure environment for the Campus such as Security SOP, School Lockdown Procedure, etc.
- Coordinate and Conduct periodical security structured and scenario based training program for the Campus Security Team and to the community
- Attend to all Security issues and matters surfaced in and around Campus on a daily basis
- Conduct investigations and reports of all noted incidents, hazards and accidents in and around Campus
- Conduct proactive review on security industry best practices, followed by improvement and enhancement of security procedures.
- Coordinate all Security Induction Checklist and Background Screening of all vendors
Security System Management
- Manage Campus wide security system such as Card Access system, CCTV system, Bollard system, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and manage Security System maintenance works and also follow up on repair and replacement works
- Conduct periodical review of Security system and service standard to ensure proper functionality of system and provide recommendations for improvements and enhancements
- Constantly and proactively keep up with the development of security technology that will potentially enhance the security of the campus or improve productivity of security resource
- Manage projects such as improvements works of existing security system and integration works
- Development and periodical review of Card ID policy and procedure
- Plan, Coordinate and Manage Card ID issuing exercise
Fire Safety Management
- Conduct periodical review and amendments to Campus Emergency Response Plan
- Conduct fire safety audit inspection, as per prescribed frequency, to ensure that the campus premise is fire safe at all times
- Setting up and training of Fire Safety Committee and CERT Team
- Plan, propose and coordinate Fire Safety Training for School Community and in-house vendor team such as Fire Drill Exercise on twice per year, Fire/Floor Warden Training, Fire safety Awareness Talks, etc.
- Act as Liaison officer and link up with SCDF and FSSD in relation to the requirements and compliance which form the part of duties for the FSM
To succeed in this Facilities and Security Manager role, you will need a minimum of 3-5 years' Facilities and Security Management experience.
- A diploma or degree in facilities management or related discipline, with at least 3-5 years' Facilities and Security Management experience
- Experience with working and managing a CMMS System will be an advantage
- Self-driven and proactive
- Ability to work under pressure and use of initiative is essential
- Highly-motivated with an eye for detail
- Reliable and flexible, with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently, lead and guide people from diverse backgrounds
- Proficient in IT skills with good MS Office knowledge
- Knowledge of Singapore laws and regulations related to the Private Security Industry Act will an advantage
- Trained in a recognised Health and Safety certification program with at least a Bizsafe Level 2 will be an advantage
- Experience in project management of security system will be essential
- Possess a valid Fire Safety Manager (FSM) certification to perform FSM duties whenever required
If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this Facilities and Security Manager position is an excellent opportunity for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung