Solutions Design Manager
Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 26 January 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An attractive Solutions Design Manager job has just been made available at a Singapore-based logistics firm. In this role, you will report directly to the Head of Business Development.
About the Solutions Design Manager Role:
You will be responsible for evaluating new enquiries/RFQ as well as process mapping and design for existing and new operational activities.
- Evaluate new enquiries / RFQ
- If needed, visit customer site and perform analysis on customer requirements
- Calculate the resources, MHE’s, investment and all other requirements needed for new enquiries / RFQ
- Design or re-design layout and material flow of existing operations and new enquiries / RFQ
- Map the processes of existing operations, new enquiries / RFQ and prepare combined process flow documents
- Prepare the pricing for warehousing and transport operations of new enquiries / RFQ
- Prepare the response document for new enquiries / RFQs
- Prepare solution presentation for customer presentations
- Prepare high level project Plans on the implementation of the new project
- Calculate budgets for the implementation of new enquiries / RFQ / other logistic projects
- Work with IT Manager to ensure current warehouse management system meet end to end processes for the new project requirements; identify any gaps and work out the development costs with IT Manager
- Work closely with Operations and Business development head to develop appropriate value added proposal in the RFQ submissions
- Present solutions developed to existing / new customers
- Understand the operations costs and develop cost models to standardise and use in RFQ
- Manage the preparation and completion of RFQ tender documents in alignment with customer requirements
- Identify strategies and prepare a proposed plan to ensure all tenders and bids are acted upon within strict deadlines
- Driving tender to successful closure, consistently delivering high impact solutions to maximise long term profitability of the contract
- Manage customer relationships throughout the tender process, ensuring a high level of customer care is maintained throughout
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem-solving on operational issues
- Process mapping and design for existing and proposed operational activities
- Review data and design layout of facilities to illustrate maximum efficiency
- Assist in documentation of procedures and work instructions in alignment with ISO standards
- Provide substantial documentation on the effectiveness of process improvement
To succeed in this Solutions Design Manager role, you will need to have excellent communication and time management skills.
- Diploma or Degree holder, preferably in contract Logistics or Supply Chain discipline
- Good understanding of logistics and supply chain operating processes
- Good problem solving and time management skills with ability to work under pressure, multitask, prioritise and adhere to strict timelines
- Ability to work and interact effectively with stakeholders from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage time efficiently is essential
- Knowledge of Project Management methodology, processes and tools
- Strong communicator with effective written and oral communication skills to persuade, influence, negotiate and present business case
- Excellent interpersonal skills including diplomacy and patience
- Other skills, experience considered advantageous
- Professional Project Management certification
- Excellent level of knowledge and user experience of MS Office, in particular Excel and Visio
- Experience in SCM modelling tools will be added advantage
- Exposure to logistics related software and system, e.g. WMS, CRM, TMS, AutoCAD, Visio, etc.
- At least three years' proven experience in a 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) or supply chain industry, preferably in logistics solution design, project implementation, operations or related role
This company is one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and has a strong focus on nurturing and developing its employees.
If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity for you. You will be part of a dynamic and supportive working environment facing new challenges every day.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung