Head of Advance Procurement (Projects)
Salary SGD96000 - SGD120000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Bharath Balasubramanyam (R1549605)
Date posted 08 October 20192019-10-08 2019-12-07 purchasing-and-procurement Singapore SG SGD 96000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Advance Procurement (Projects) job has just become available at one of the biggest OEMs in the industrial sector based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Head of Procurement, this role is for someone who is a leader in their field.
About the Head of Advance Procurement (Projects) Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for managing the procurement for the tenders and also to manage deliverables for their projects. You will also take the lead providing direction to various stakeholders in terms of procurement for their respective projects.
- Manage the procurement side of the tendering process in the APAC region
- Supervise and manage advance procurement processes in China and India – including advance procurement teams
- Ensure early involvement of suppliers, validate conditions of supplier offers, ensure optimal pricing, scope of supply and adequate documentation
- Manage the advance procurement process for the rest of Asia, Oceania, Korea, and Japan – assist sales and tendering for APAC
- Provide factor goods competitive quotations from the vendors according to the request of tendering department
- Coordinate in conjunction with sales through the tendering and order entry process, ensure supplier contracts and purchase orders do not place the company under financial, business or legal risks
- Investigate factor goods vendor market and draw the optimal vendor list
- Support tendering and sales for cost reductions and support buyer quality improvement
- Work closely with tendering and sales to jointly ensure client specifications are met while minimising cost level
- Involve legal (if necessary) to ensure adequate flow-down of client conditions to suppliers
The successful Head of Advance Procurement (Projects) must possess project procurement experience and have the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Knowledge of factored goods
- Relevant experience within mechanical-related industries
- Good Excel skills (data analysis)
- Good command of English and Mandarin, as the candidate is required to work closely with Mandarin-speaking counterparts
- Communication skills
- Ability to act independently
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to travel
The successful Head of Advance Procurement (Projects) will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment with offices all over the world.
If you are a progressive Head of Advance Procurement (Projects) with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today to learn more about this new opportunity.