Strategic Procurement Manager
Salary SGD60000 - SGD78000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Bharath Balasubramanyam (R1549605)
Date posted 08 October 20192019-10-08 2019-12-07 electronics Singapore SG SGD 60000 78000 78000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Strategic Procurement Manager job has just become available at one of the successful SMEs based in Singapore. Reporting directly to the COO, this is a role for a procurement professional who is a leader in their field.
About the Strategic Procurement Manager Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for defining the broad procurement strategy, delivering the highest quality service alongside counterparts across the region. You will also take the lead in providing direction to the procurement of raw materials (rubber, plastics, metals) across the region and managing costs.
- The successful candidate will be strategic and possess market knowledge of the procurement of rubber, plastics and metals in the region
- Lead the overseas purchasing department in procuring materials for manufacturing and operations
- Establish key performance metrics to ensure on-time delivery of quality materials/products and services
- Source and qualify new potential suppliers from local and overseas market
- Conduct supplier performance evaluation, update performance and communicate feedback
- Develop sourcing strategies and strengthen the supply chain
- Manage purchasing budgets and procurement reports
- Establish long term cost reduction goals
- Responsible for purchasing SOP, regular reviews and update according to the latest processes
- Interact and cooperate with procurement teams to develop and execute procurement strategies and project executions
- Provide strategic planning direction, guidance and supervision to direct reports related to the timely, cost effective procurement, delivery, inventory control and planning of factory direct and indirect requirement support
- Knowledge of contract terms, applications and legal requirements, including the ability to read, edit and interpret contractual documents, understanding of vendor agreements
To succeed in the Strategic Procurement Manager job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with two different factories with multiple teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Diploma/degree with more than eight years' work experience in rubber, plastic and metal industry
- Work experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Excellent negotiation skills with good market and commercial awareness
- Good vendor networking and sourcing experience
- Meticulous with problem-solving skills to deliver the desired results in meeting procurement KPI targets
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawing to requirements and specification is an added advantage (not a must)
- Strong team player with a dynamic personality and results-oriented
- Preferably bilingual in Chinese and English, as the candidate is required to liaise with the factory based in China
- Proactive, analytical with strong negotiation and excellent interpersonal skills to manage relationships with strategic suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Ad hoc travel is required
The successful Strategic Procurement Manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field, working with leading electronics manufacturers as its clients.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Strategic Procurement Manager job.
Apply today to find out more about this new opportunity.