Global Technical Director
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Bharath Balasubramanyam (R1549605)
Date posted 25 September 20192019-09-25 2019-11-24 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Singapore SG SGD 150000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A world-leading shipping company is recruiting a Global Technical Director in Singapore to join their team. In this job, you will be responsible for leading the business in its next phase of growth.
About the Global Technical Director Role:
Reporting to the President of Operations, you will lead technical activities from a strategic point of view and manage technical teams globally. As a Global Technical Director, you will be in charge of all equipment from a technical (design and M&R) and strategic point of view for the company. This position is based in Singapore. To be successful in this role, you must have ability to lead effectively and posses keen understanding of the shipping industry.
- Manage the global technical team
- Take the lead in the industry’s technical and technological innovations
- Ensure all company equipment follow industrial and government regulations and environmental requirements
- Maintain relationships and support related trade associations and organisations
- Develop policies and procedures to manage and ensure all new equipment built and/or modifications made are compliant with ISO, industry and governmental regulatory requirements
- Manage and ensure that all technical and M&R related costs, i.e., repairs, modifications, parts, etc., are carried out at the most competitive rates and meet the company’s cost objectives
- Manage equipment specifications in partnership with the product and marketing teams in line with the company’s commercial and financial objectives
To succeed in the Global Technical Director job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Relevant engineering degree from a recognised university
- As technical director, leadership skills are required for this rewarding role
- Excellent communication skills with verbal and written English and Chinese, to a technical level of fluency to liaise with Chinese-speaking clients
- Management and negotiation skills and industry knowledge on the technical front
- Experienced in ISO container new construction quality control and in-service maintenance. Types of equipment include general purpose box, reefers and tanks of all types
- Flexibility to travel as required
This leading shipping company has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on leadership development. With over 20 years of history, this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Global Technical Director job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.