Senior Director of Logistics
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 17 June 20192019-06-18 2019-08-16 manufacturing-and-production Singapore SG SGD 170000 220000 220000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading global chemicals company is looking to hire a Senior Director of Logistics as part of the organisation’s exciting growth and expansion plans. The company manufactures a wide range of chemicals with diverse applications such as transportation, healthcare and packaging.
About the Senior Director of Logistics:
Leading a team of 10 - 15 employees, you will develop logistics strategies that drive quality improvements and cost down initiatives, and support HQ initiatives. With more than 80 years of history, they are looking forward to their next phase of growth. As the Senior Director of Logistics, you will be driving end to end logistics initiatives working closely with both the Global HQ and local stakeholders
- Devise strategic plans for mid term/rolling plan and annual budget
- Management and oversee a team of in-house logistics outsourced workers (plant warehousing operations) to perform packing operations, stuffing operations, shipping operations
- Oversee logistics safety practices
- Management of logistics service providers, BPO, logistics quality and sustainability
- Promote and manage cost down initiatives including logistics integration and sales admin consolidation
- Introduce new logistics technology/innovation
- Support HQ in global bidding and affiliates in SEA and India
- Provide consultancy services to affiliated companies
- Negotiate warehousing rates with LSP, in-house logistics operations rate, etc.
- Ensure product shipments are delivered to customer sites in a timely manner as per clients’ criteria
- Assess and recommend ideal shipping methods, routing or carriers to meet necessary parameters, specifications and costs
- Manage an accurate inventory of warehouse materials
- Schedule and track inbound and outgoing shipments
- Develop, coach and train of department staff to assume higher responsibilities
To succeed in this role, you will need to have at least 15 years of experience managing logistics operations in a global MNC, preferably within the chemicals space.
- Have at least 15 years of logistics operations experience, preferably within the chemicals space
- Strong ability in driving logistics related strategies, in particular continuous improvement projects and cost saving initiatives
- Strong interpersonal relationship
- Decisive leadership experience with strong presentation and communication skills
Apply today to find out more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung