Logistics Trade Compliance & Operations Lead
Consultant Derek Li (R1766998)
Date posted 18 September 2018 2018-09-182018-11-17 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A leading chemicals company is currently looking for a talented Logistics Trade Compliance & Operations Lead to join the Singapore office. In this job, you will be responsible for leading and managing logistics operations (warehousing, transportation and import – export) and distribution safety & security (DSS) for Singapore by ensuring safety, quality, service and continuity of supply at a competitive cost.
About the Logistics Trade Compliance & Operations Lead Role:
You will be responsible for leading and managing logistics operations (warehousing, transportation and import – export) and distribution safety & security (DSS) for Singapore by ensuring safety, quality, service and continuity of supply at a competitive cost.
- Lead distribution safety programs to ensure corporate and regulatory compliance and improved emergency response capability
- Implement supplier relationship management programs for performance management and drive value creation
- Lead import-export operations and compliance activities and provide support to business and logistics team with focus on first order process towards 100> compliance within import/export governance
- Run and implement minimum country programs on safety, internal controls, BRRP and SOX controls for logistics processes
- Monitor and track supplier performance metrics and issues, leading improvement actions
- Provide overall guidance and training to businesses, align SOPs for operations, implement KPIs
- Represent logistics focal contact for Singapore
- Drive continuous improvement and cost savings by supplier and business engagement through optimisation, value creation – supplier-led projects and support buying processes
- Leverage regional best practices with suppliers on productivity and compliance, supplier consolidation and lead logistics projects
To succeed in this Logistics Trade Compliance & Operations Lead role, you should come with strong business supply chain experience to understand business VOC, spend and develop logistics capability to meet business needs.
- Good Knowledge of logistics modes of warehousing, trucking, distribution safety and trade compliance
- Sound understanding of DG goods - handling, storage, best practices and DG goods compliance; preferably an experienced licence holder for DG imports and exports
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work across multiple cultures
- Good command of English and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five to eight years' experience in logistics operations
If you are a senior logistics professional with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with a global leader in the industry.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1766998 Derek Li