Regional Logistics Manager - South East Asia
Consultant Derek Li (R1766998)
Date posted 19 January 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A global leader in medical devices is looking for a talented Regional Logistics Manager - South East Asia to be based in Singapore. In this job, you will provide strategic direction and leadership to the organisation from a warehouse operations import/export perspective, and ensure that the company has the appropriate structure and required systems in place to meet the increased demand of the function.
About the Regional Logistics Manager - South East Asia role:
You will be responsible for staff and operations in the purchasing, receiving, storing, dispensing, transferring and/or shipping of materials in compliance with all regulations and procedures. You will manage the accuracy of physical inventory and timely disposal of expired/damaged products. You will also lead both Singapore and Thailand direct teams that partner the SEA customer care team and the supply chain planning team to deliver excellent customer service through order fulfillments.
- Ensure maximisation of cost effectiveness through long-term contracts following service providers’ pre-qualification and tendering process for sea freight, airfreight and road transportation contracts
- Prepare and analyse management and financial reports, budgets, expense reports and department forecasts
- Ensure consistent quality of service in accordance with service level agreements
- Manage efficient supply chain for both inbound and outbound logistics planning in conjunction with warehouse operations
- Manage the interfaces with sales and marketing to manage customer expectations
- Lead, direct and manage logistics planning of SEA for both inbound/outbound and operational activities related to customs/insurance and freight management with focus on the customer and HSE
- Implement effective logistics tools in supply chain operations
- Ensure efficient and effective operations of the logistics function to meet departmental objectives
- Ensure that goods are stored within defined time parameters and in appropriate storage conditions (chiller, Freezer, Ambient, DG, etc.)
- Carry out cycle count and stock-takes as required (+submission to corporate)
- Ensure that customer orders are picked and packed promptly and accurately, in proper shipping conditions, within nominated time-frame
- Coach, train and mentor direct reports and provide career development opportunities through training and quality management activities
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all direct reports against agreed KPIs and other tasks
To succeed in this Regional Logistics Manager - South East Asia role, you will need to possess a minimum of five years in logistics or supply chain management with prior exposure to import/export in South East Asia.
- A bachelor's degree from a reputable university in Engineering, Science, Supply Chain or Economics. MBA preferred
- Current Dangerous Goods Accreditation / AVA / NEA Knowledge
- Certification of Workplace Occupational Health & Safety
- Minimum 5-8 years' relevant experience in the area of logistics / supply chain management (distribution, transportation and trade compliance)
- Strong import/export (trade compliance) experience for the SEA countries, ideally with supply chain/logistics work experience in these countries
- Minimum five years' experience in a management role with proven experience managing cross-border teams
- GDP-MDS as well as cold-chain experience in the fields of life science and clinical diagnostics
If you are a progressive logistics professional with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work in a highly-specialised team with a global leader in the industry.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1766998 Derek Li