Regional Shipping Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Eric Heung (R1767138)
Date posted 10 July 20192019-07-10 2019-09-08 manufacturing-and-production Singapore SG SGD 7000 9000 9000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive Regional Shipping Manager job has just been made available at a European Fortune 500 company.
About the Regional Shipping Manager Role:
The Regional Shipping Manager is responsible for shipping related activities for petrochemicals. This would include chartering, shipping operations, demurrage and shipping strategy within the region.
Chartering (Spot Voyage Charter / Contract of Affreightment)
- Manage all the chartering activities (Contract of Affreightment) for lubricants/special fluids division
- Lead in the spot voyage chartering for lubricants/special fluids division
- Source the optimal vessel that best meets the overall requirements of affiliate’s requirement in terms of timing and parcel size
- Ensure vessel selection is commercially viable, i.e. negotiation for competitive freight rates; lay time and demurrage clause
Shipping Operations and Optimisation
- Coordinate with global suppliers on vessel nomination and loading operation plan
- Closely monitor vessel movements for affiliates, and target timely arrival of cargo at the disport
- Work closely with services providers to ensure that shipping operations are smoothly executed, in liaison with ship owner, shipping agent and cargo surveyors. And to liaise with stakeholders to avoid supply disruption and minimise demurrage exposure
- Advise affiliate and assist in the investigation of oil cargo losses, and related cargo loss claim management
- Advise affiliate on vessel receipt scheduling and optimising discharge operations
- Coordinate the shipping documentation requirements
Vetting (Maritime and Barge)
- Ensure that only positively vetted vessels are used for transporting products/base stocks within Asia Pacific and Middle East, so as to comply with the group vetting policy
- Manage vetting requests from CFR supplier/shipping brokers and ensure seamless communication process on vetting status
- Take a lead role in reviewing claims and improving the lay time performance relating to base oil and special fluid cargoes, i.e. minimise demurrage risk/exposure for the affiliate
- Follow-up and negotiate the demurrage claims on behalf of the affiliate with ship owner/broker/supplier, and ensure that all claims are handled in accordance to the shipping terms specified in the charter party
- Maintain complete records of demurrage claims and payment details
Strategic Shipping Review
- Continuously improve company’s strategic position and uphold our positive reputation, as an esteemed charterer in the industry
- Develop feasibility studies on enhanced shipping solutions for base oils and make recommendations for improvements
To succeed in this Regional Shipping Manager role, you will need at least five years of relevant shipping experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Maritime or Business related discipline. At least five years of broad-based experience in the oil/shipping industry is preferred
- Excellent organisational abilities and ability to work in a structured manner
- Possess sound understanding of the commercial and operational business processes within the shipping industry
- Possess strong communication and leadership skills and fosters a spirit of partnership in key relationship building
- Desired traits include teamwork, adaptability, networking, aware of cultural differences and understanding of the oil business
- Fluent in English and Chinese (verbal and written)
- Competent in IT tools such as Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
This leading international company is recognised as one of the leaders in their field of expertise. If you are driven and determined to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity for you. You will be part of a dynamic and supportive working environment facing new challenges everyday.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1767138 Eric Heung