Manager, Projects and Construction
Salary SGD3703.40 - SGD5555.09 per month
Consultant Anarane Thng (R1983163)
Job Ref 1911780/001
Date posted 07 March 2023singapore mining-engineering-operations/manufacturing 2023-03-07 2023-04-06 building-and-construction Singapore SG BRIDGE DATA CENTRES https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/bridge-data-centres-logo.gif true
An exciting Project & Construction Manager role has been made available at Bridge Data Centres. This role will be based in Malaysia. About the Project & Construction Manager Role: Reporting to the Director, Projects and and Construction, you will be responsible for projects execution in Malayisa from inception to handover, including design management, construction management, and testing & commissioning management.
- Act as the prime point of contact for the project with the client, contractors, consultants, including progress reporting, safety, financial recommendations, quality control and design modifications.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, organizing, monitoring and controlling the construction project activities which includes but not limited to Project Inception, Design Development, Tendering, Construction & Contract Administration, Testing & Commissioning and Project Handover.
- Manage consultant team which includes but not limited to town planner, architect, civil & structural engineer, mechanical and electrical engineer, environmental consultant, LEED consultant, geotechnical engineer, etc.
- Manage permit & authority submissions from planning to CCC, attend meetings with respective authorities on behalf on Bridge Data Centres together with contractors/consultants.
- Responsible for timely and safe execution of the construction works and maintain quality control and ensure works are carried out in accordance with contract specifications, drawings, allocated timeframe, all other contract documents and site instructions.
- Overall, in charge for the day-to-day management of contractors; carry out regular progress meetings, review of contractor’s reports, contractors delivery methodology, schedule and QAQC plan, inspection plan, testing & commissioning plan; carry out regular site inspections to monitor progress and highlights issues.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Prepare regular report to the management and Client.
- Participate in project risk assessments and preparation of risk control documents.
- Assist with witnessing and verify testing & commissioning carried out by the contractors.
To succeed in this Project & Construction Manager role, you should ideally have experience in hyper scale datacentre, micro-eletronics or other critical infrastructure preferred.
- Minimum 12 years working experience in infrastructure projects as Project Manager, Resident Technical Officer (M&E), Site Construction Manager or equivalent position.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Building Services, Facilities Management or related engineering disciplines
- Experience in hyper scale datacenter, micro-electronics or other critical infrastructure preferred.
- Experience in construction management process during construction stage from mobilization, construction / installation, testing & commissioning to closeout and handover.
- Good and effective communication and leadership skills.
- Good command in both spoken and written English, and Chinese (Mandarin) would be an advantage to as to provide effective communication with mainland China business partners.
The available working locations are Kulai, Johor or Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur. Kindly indcate clearly your preferred working location when you submit your job application.
Bridge Data Centres, a subsidiary of NASDAQ-listed Chindata Group, provides hyperscale data centre solutions. They currently own and operate data centres in Malaysia, India and Thailand with rapid expansion plans to broaden their presence across Asia–Pacific emerging markets. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Manager, Projects and Construation job.
Apply now to learn more.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1983163 Anarane Thng