Site Engineer (Building)
Consultant Bharath Balasubramanyam (R1549605)
Date posted 20 August 2018 2018-08-202018-10-19 engineering 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A new Site Engineer (Building) job has just become available at a leading engineering group. You will be based in India for the first year and subsequently in Singapore.
About the Site Engineer (Building) Role:
You will be responsible for assisting the site agent on the progress of site works and manpower-related aspects of the project.
- Monitor and review master construction program and preparation of catch-up program, if applicable
- Monitor and supervise Engineers/foremen, ensure compliance to the quality procedures and standard of workmanship; check on quality and quantity of work by subcontractors
- Prepare detailed program for the site team to follow accordingly and complete in time
- Resolve drawing discrepancies and technical difficulties with technical team
- Prepare detailed method statements and work instructions for construction
- Coordinate between sub-contractors/vendors/internal departments and monitor site manpower/material/equipment demands to meet schedules
- Liaise with the consultants on the submission related to structural works and technical department
- Plan all works on site, including program schedules and construction methods, forecast equipment, material and manpower requirement, and control usage and wastage
- Identify potential and occurring problems that affect the schedule of works at site and recommend solutions to relevant team / department
- Ensure that the site works are completed with high quality standards and adhering to safety requirements throughout the project
To succeed in this Site Engineer (Building) role, you should have prior experience in foundation, structural and civil works.
- Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised university
- Three years' experience in building/civil projects
- Minimally have completed one cycle of the project worth at least $100million
- Mandarin-speaking preferred to liaise with Mandarin-speaking vendors and other counterparts
- Technical expertise and knowledge in foundation, structural and civil works
- Proficient in Microsoft Project
- Good knowledge of method statements
This is a leading engineering group that offers challenging and rewarding growth opportunities.
If you are driven, determined and seek to step up in your career, this Site Engineer (Building) role will be a good fit for you.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1549605 Balasubramanyam Bharath