Regional Marketing Director
Consultant Wendy Heng (R1104295)
Date posted 07 September 2018 2018-09-072018-11-06 fmcg 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting job opportunity has come up for a Regional Marketing Director to join the consumer division of a global medical company based in Singapore.
About the Regional Marketing Director Role:
Reporting to the Region Head, you will be accountable for the business including key strategies and priorities for the region, portfolio definition, new product commercialisation and launch planning.
- Strategic planning/brand planning to input, guide and align on portfolio strategy prior to budget planning process of the affiliates
- Design and develop key campaigns for the region and guide and influence affiliates on integrated marketing and sales activity execution
- Partner closely with regional head to develop win-win partnerships with key customers and KOLs in the joint business planning process
- Analyse market trends, business performance, and competitive activity to understand market dynamics and key category drivers, identifying key opportunities and business challenges
- Provide input of regional needs and priorities to Global Strategic Plans, and develop Asia Strategic Portfolio/Brand Plans, reaching alignment with global team and affiliates so that this serves as a strategic foundation of the budgeting process
- Develop the Area Marketing and Product Launch plans that are consistent with the global strategy, including marketing plans guidance, claims strategy, sales strategy guidelines and pricing guidelines of the brand; provide feedback on Area specific packaging and labelling needs; ensure the launch readiness for each country through the Area Team (cross-functional)
- Ensure Country P&L is aligned with portfolio, new product and marketing priorities of the country and have the capability and influence to challenge and revise when warranted
- Develop Sales Strategy Guide for new products and key strategic brands to ensure sales training and messaging are implemented in the countries in line with global/regional strategy
- Provide country-specific input to global marketing on the Global Brand positioning for new products and execute the brand strategy across the region at the affiliate-level
- Provide area needs for Claims Development and Phase IV plans, publications and communications calendar
- Drive best practice sharing and culture in a systematic way so that best practices are actively shared, adopted and business results are driven in the most efficient and effective way without recreation of the wheel in every country
To succeed as the Regional Marketing Director, you will need to have minimum 12 years' experience in international sales and/or marketing positions in multinational organisations in OTC or consumer healthcare lines.
- University graduate in Business Administration, Marketing or Physical Sciences
- Master's degree in Business, Marketing or International Management related field is preferred
- Excellent English and knowledge of one Asian language is desirable due to regional remit
- Proven consumer marketing / DTC experience
- Strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- High level of autonomy and ability to influence without authority across functions/divisions/markets
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Skilled at crucial/difficult conversations
- Big picture orientation but with capability to drill down into detail as required
- Strong leadership presence on podium
You will join an international organisation grounded in innovation and breakthrough to improve the quality of life of people around the world. Outstanding career progression opportunities exist for the right candidate.
Apply for this opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1104295 Wendy Heng