Lead Product Planning Integration
Salary SGD10000 - SGD11000 per month
Consultant Allie Teh (R1441522)
Date posted 04 September 2018 2018-09-042018-11-03 automotive 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Lead Product Planning Integration job has recently been made available at one of the leading automotive companies in Singapore. As a key member of the product planning team responsible for Electric Vehicle (EV) and Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) portfolio and product life cycle management, you will serve as the liaison between portfolio planning and the markets they are assigned to.
About the Lead Product Planning Integration role:
You will discover and represent the voice of the customer in product positioning and development of new automobiles from inception through launch and beyond. The role seeks to understand the market via primary and secondary research in order to ensure the products on the automobiles' life cycle plan are innovative, aligned with the brand legend, and represent customer needs.
You will support the planning and development of new product offerings and ongoing product improvements consistent with global customer strategies, customer requirements, business strategies, enterprise plans, and global opportunities balanced with quality, cost, and timing targets that meet/exceed agreed upon goals.
- Understand company's strategic objectives, the assigned marketplace, and work with regional teams to uncover business opportunities
- Capture and organise regional customer insights from research, industry data, observation, and various stakeholder groups to be incorporated into product portfolio planning
- Maintain accurate and current communications with appropriate stakeholders including sales regions, marketing, and the product development community
- Develop product positioning, volume, and provide input to financial forecasts for projects, balancing investments against enterprise objectives
- Ensure the assigned market(s) and relevant market teams are familiar with product target customers and the life cycle plan
- Participate in volume planning and pricing, including collaborating with regional sales organisations on product positioning
- Analyse and interpret data; recommend data-driven solutions
- Seek to improve the relevance of products and the efficiency of processes through continuous improvement
- Maintain deep knowledge of the global EV marketplace and an intent focus to recognise early trends in order to anticipate future or unspoken customer wants and needs
- Provide deliverables within established timelines
To succeed in this Lead Product Planning Integration role, you should have strong analytical skills and prior experience in the automotive industry.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, engineering or other related fields
- A minimum of eight years' related experience in the automotive industry is required
- Ability to analyse, understand and interpret complex market business problems and drive towards effective solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects including: product planning and forecasting, global pricing, retail strategies and sales programs, supply, inventory, and compliance
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate this understanding into strategic direction and actionable products that results in value to the customer
- The ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organisation and influence others to approve and support the direction which supports the customer wants and needs
- Must have a strong understanding of processes to bring products to market
- Willing to commit to frequent and regular travel (up to 25%)
This company is an expert in the automotive field, offering an excellent culture with autonomy, empowerment, and career progression opportunities.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Lead Product Planning Integration role is the job for you.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1441522 Allie Teh