Product Manager (Chemicals MNC)
Salary SGD90000 - SGD110000 per annum + variable bonus
Consultant Samantha Han (R1331281)
Date posted 20 February 2017
A Product Manager (Chemicals MNC) job has just become available for a key business pillar in a Fortune 500 Chemicals MNC.
About the Product Manager (Chemicals MNC) Role:
Reporting to the Head of Product Management, you play a critical role in interfacing and working with the commercial, product and technical teams in identifying and implementing what is best for the Performance Materials business unit.
- Work closely with key regional stakeholders to implement product strategy and meet business objectives for the Asia Pacific region
- Lead the development of product portfolios aligning with brand positioning strategy and channel strategy, based on country, brand and channel
- Jointly initiate product development proposal with various functional teams (Commercial, Marketing, Technical Services) and be the centre of coordination of product development projects
- Guide and assist APAC commercial teams to identify portfolio needs and provide recommendations for Key Account offerings, Individual offerings, Bid packages and Marketing programmes
- Coordinate product claim development for different channels and markets with regional and global teams
- Drive margin optimisation by participating in discussions and communicating product portfolio weakness and strengths to commercial teams
- Review competitive data, gaps in product portfolio and suggest recommendations to fill gaps.
- Provide situational and competitive regional context to enable Head of Product Management to set regional pricing floors and ceilings.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to work in a matrix environment across different functional groups to achieve your business unit strategies in the B2B2C channels for over 1000 SKUs with multiple applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Material Sciences or Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum six years' product, business, manufacturing or technical experience required, of which at least two years should be in a customer facing role
- Good exposure and experience in product placement and/or product management
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage several key objectives at the same time
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working with cross-functional team, including internal and external stakeholders
- Effectively bilingual (English and Mandarin) as the oversight in this role includes an Australia and China client portfolio
- Willingness to travel up to 40% during the first year
The firm is a Fortune 500 Specialty Chemicals MNC with a global presence and has maintained strong market share in multiple product lines in the Asia Pacific region.
If you have a successful track record of driving greater competitive advantage in the region, this Product Manager (Chemicals MNC) job is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss further.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1331281 Samantha Han