Assistant Consumer & Market Insights Manager, APAC
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Wendy Heng (R1104295)
Date posted 26 June 20192019-06-26 2019-08-25 fmcg singapore SG SGD 5000 5500 5500 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A newly created Singapore-based Assistant Consumer & Market Insights Manager, APAC job has been made available at an established FMCG (foods) company. Reporting straight to the Regional Consumer & Market Insights Manager, you will be responsible for consumer insights to shape the marketing strategy in Asia Pacific.
About the Assistant Consumer & Market Insights Manager, APAC Role:
In this role, you will be in charge of driving consumer and market insights (qualitative and quantitative) for Asia Pacific. You will work closely with the Regional Consumer & Market Insights Manager and marketing team for the same region to define the marketing strategy for the company.
- Provide consumer and shopper-grounded strategic thinking, and constructive challenge to brand planning and development initiatives – proactively identifying opportunities for category and brand growth and ensuring these are present in category/brand visions and strategies
- Champion the application of consumer, shopper, category and cultural insight to create compelling, implementable ideas for execution and value-driving commercial arguments
- Provide insight/key learning throughout the annual planning process; this ranges from measuring and evaluating previous years’ activities, to providing consumer insight and inspiration, to facilitating workshops, to leading the category/brand team with an objective opinion on the key issues to be addressed and the way forward
- Own all stages of primary and secondary research, from methodology selection to vendor management to maintaining high standards of reporting to ensure learning is presented in an actionable, inspiring way; make judgement on which information to use and the level of confidence people should have in using it; importantly, ensure all research is compliant with the company's responsible research policy
- Unlock opportunities for category growth by developing objective and actionable insight, for the company's retailer partners, through understanding the shopper, retail environment and category dynamics
- Effectively manage existing research resources and build rapport with the regional insights team to apply and adapt insights to the region
To succeed in this Assistant Consumer & Market Insights Manager, APAC role, you will need to be able to crunch numbers/data effectively, have at least a couple of years' proven experience working on consumer insights for an FMCG company, and be able to work with a variety of stakeholders in and outside of the organisation.
- Four years' experience in category and insight roles in the FMCG industry
- Experience in managing a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research
- Good problem-solving skills, structured thinking and experienced in distilling a wide range of information/data into clear stories and actionable insights
This is a leading FMCG (foods) MNC that needs no introduction. If you are a results-oriented and strategic consumer insights professional and seek to advance your career with an industry leader that is flexible on internal mobility, this role will be a good fit for you.
Apply today or contact me for a confidential discussion.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1104295 Wendy Heng