Regional Portfolio Strategy Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Wendy Heng (R1104295)
Date posted 01 November 20192019-11-01 2019-12-31 marketing Singapore SG SGD 220000 250000 250000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Regional Portfolio Strategy Manager role has just become available at an international FMCG company. Based in Singapore and reporting to the Marketing Director, this is a complex role for a high performing individual.
About the Regional Portfolio Strategy Manager Role:
In this business critical role, you will drive a coherent and intentional portfolio approach across the APAC region.
- Drive profitable revenue growth across the region by reducing portfolio vulnerabilities where they exist
- Drive growth from successful new portfolio development initiatives
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of the consumer, category, brand and competitive context and developments across the region, ensuring widespread business leverage and using learning to trigger appropriate action
- Develop and deploy strategic portfolio directions at a regional and country level including annual development of/update of portfolio direction for the region
- Identify portfolio gaps and opportunities across positioning, emerging segments and new categories and propose solutions
- Develop, own and deploy a portfolio playbook for the region, including the syndication of all relevant global models and approaches, and the creation and deployment of new models where necessary
- Identify ‘big bet’ cross market initiatives/requirements and either source, co-develop, or where necessary, develop the relevant brand or marketing solutions and ensure their deployment
- Work with the global portfolio strategy team and countries to ensure output of the brand planning process is optimised, the outputs are executed and the strategy remains up to date in the context of any internal or external changes
- Work with global portfolio strategy team to ensure all regional and global learning from the brand planning process, plus any relevant global models, are fully deployed and integrated into regional portfolio approach
- Develop an approach to ensure continued delivery of regional key contributors including ongoing oversight of and analysis of key brand measures and supporting countries' annual commercial planning process of these brands through the deployment of workshops
To succeed in this Regional Portfolio Strategy Manager role, you must be commercially astute and driven.
- Degree with an MBA preferred
- Minimum of seven years' relevant experience in either consultancy or marketing with heavy focus on strategy
- Extensive knowledge and experience in marketing, portfolio and brand strategy
- Strong strong experience in FMCG
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work across diverse and fragmented range of markets within the region
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
This multinational needs no introduction and is known for its portfolio of market leading brands. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Regional Portfolio Strategy Manager job.
Apply today to learn more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1104295 Wendy Heng