Group Director of Communications
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Ingrid Liew (R1761520)
Date posted 04 June 20192019-06-06 2019-08-03 marketing Singapore 101 Thomson Road SG SGD 200000 280000 280000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
In this strategic, newly created role as Group Director of Communications, you will work closely with the senior management team, providing strategic communications leadership to the group. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic communications plan using traditional, digital and social media platforms that supports and advances the mission, vision and values and positive image of the organisation at both a group and local college level.
About the Group Director of Communications Role:
The role has primary responsibility for the direction of a comprehensive multimedia communications program to parents, students, staff and other external parties, working closely with all internal departments to support their communication needs. Reporting to the Chief Collaboration Officer (CCO), you will work directly with the Group Executive Board (GEB), Marketing, Admissions and Customer Experience teams, and in close collaboration with the Education Leadership team. Comfortable within a highly visible senior communications role, you will demonstrate a broad base of regional experience gained ideally in the education sector.
- Develop and implement a strategic communications plan across all internal and external stakeholders, formulating, directing and evaluating long term plans and objectives for internal and external communications
- Work with the College Heads of Communications to plan, deliver and measure communications programs for their schools
- Oversee all aspects of Group and College communications to implement a plan which connects students, parents and staff and nurtures a shared sense of community network and belonging
- Provide engaging and competitively differentiating communications experiences, supporting school enrolment and strong advocacy within the College’s immediate and wider communities
- Develop the parent’s communications strategy and parent portal framework
- Serve as a spokesperson for and support the Group’s broad communications initiatives by providing high-level written materials with consistent messaging; support writing needs for key events, annual reports, and other publications; serve as general editor, as well as contributor, for publications; overseeing assignments, content, editorial, design, production, distribution, and post- production
- Work in close collaboration with the GEB to support and coordinate all communications and promotional efforts; to integrate creative and strategic use of social media and online presence with print publications; and to manage the production, printing, and distribution of materials
- Oversee day-to-day operations of Communications, managing deadlines and production schedules; supervising contracted service providers (e.g., graphic artists); maintaining effective systems for the department’s management, including responsible budgeting and staffing
- Serve as a resource to the GEB, Education team and departments regarding communications, image/branding, media relations
- Develop crisis communications strategy, manage crisis media relations and develop training to support colleges.
- Implement, monitor, and maintain the brand image/language and communication style guide
- Provide for ongoing visual documentation: manage and oversee photography and video production; maintain photo and video library for use in publications
- Manage all external media relations including global media and group partnerships
- Maintain quality and freshness of the Group’s web presence through regular content updates to website and social media outlets
- Develop the Events Strategy in collaboration with the Education team and support the development and project management of Group events including designing and producing collateral
To succeed in this Group Director of Communications role, you will need to possess at least ten years' experience gained within a communications role (writing, editing, journalism, and/or public relations), with a minimum of five years' experience gained within a management role.
- An exceptional writer with a master’s degree (ideally) in communications, journalism, public relations, English, or a writing- intensive discipline. A Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience will also be considered
- Five plus years' experience gained implementing comprehensive strategic communications plans (both internally and externally). You will demonstrate a proven understanding of social media platforms, creating a meaningful and visible web presence and driving the use of and strategic technology tools for the group
- A strategic thinker and communicator, you will have experience translating strategy to shape stakeholder expectations, translating the goals of this strategy into communications initiatives within the group/schools
- The ability to provide strategic leadership to a broad range of stakeholders and influence a diverse range of individuals and teams, in a highly-collaborative and cross-cultural environment are a pre-requisite
- Proven success leading a network of communications experts and working with and coaching senior executives.
- High levels of integrity, cultural awareness and a collaborative leadership and influencing style are a pre-requisite
- Regional experience gained across Singapore/South-East Asia and China ideally. Mandarin will be viewed favourably, and you will be required to travel to the local markets across the region
- Experience gained working within the education sector, or exposure within an education environment is strongly preferred (this could include supporting a parent-teacher association, or significant time spent supporting an education organisation on a voluntary basis)
- Exceptional communication skills, combined with outstanding presentation skills are a pre-requisite
Recognised as leader in the education field, this high-profile education group operates across global markets. The business has seen significant expansion and growth across the region and they are now seeking an exceptional Group Director of Communications to join the head-office team.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1761520 Ingrid Liew