Senior Manager, Corporate Communications (Asia)
Consultant Ingrid Liew (R1761520)
Date posted 06 February 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Senior Manager, Corporate Communications (Asia) job based in Singapore has just become available at a market-leading consumer travel brand. Reporting directly to the Group Head of Corporate Communications, you will be a part of the Asia leadership team and be responsible for managing the strategic direction of media and internal communications for the brand across Asia.
About the Senior Manager, Corporate Communications (Asia) Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be leading a team of two communications professionals to manage the strategic direction of media and internal communications for the brand across Asia.
- Drive and develop strategic communications plans for the brand
- Directly manage team for oversight of day-to-day workflow as well as mentoring and assisting with professional development and on-the-job training
- Maintain a close awareness of emerging themes and issues within key business areas, particularly those with the ability to negatively or positively impact customers or employees, and act accordingly
- Proactively develop external communication initiatives and opportunities to meet business objectives and promote key brand initiatives and ultimately drive revenue for the Group
- Proactively develop internal communication initiatives with senior leaders to meet business objectives and increase staff engagement
- Oversight and input in the preparation of materials including reactive media statements, media releases, key messages, Q&As, web content, social media responses, speaking notes and internal communications pieces
- Provide crisis and issues management advice specific to internal and external communications to the business, including the Crisis Management team
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with other parts of the organisation and the broader Corporate Affairs team to ensure consistent messaging and careful coordination of campaigns and announcements
- Project manage key initiatives, including communications agencies, within set budget
- Manage reporting and measurement to ensure continuous improvement and best practice
To succeed in this Senior Manager, Corporate Communications (Asia) role, you will need to be a seasoned communications professional with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely, and demonstrate an ability to think on your feet.
- At least 10 years’ experience in corporate communications with strong brands
- Strategic understanding of communication and its role within a large organisation
- Demonstrated experience at managing media across Asia Pacific (including major news publications, online, TV and radio) on complex and sensitive issues
- Exceptional ability to build strong relationships (internal and external), including at senior levels within an organisation
- Possess tertiary education in communications or similar disciplines
- Ability to deal with fast-paced environments and excel under pressure
- Ability to absorb complex information quickly and distil to widely accessible messages
- Experience and passion for developing others and leading teams
- Highly capable of getting up to speed rapidly on complex business matters
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure, manage various tasks concurrently and adhere to timelines
- Ability to work successfully with cross-cultural teams
- Willingness to travel extensively and work irregular hours
If you are driven and want to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an fast-moving, dynamic business that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply now to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1761520 Ingrid Liew