Legal Counsel APAC (Technology)
Salary SGD10000 - SGD15000 per month + Market Aligned
Consultant Ailia Kazmi (R1769895)
Date posted 23 September 20192019-09-23 2019-11-22 legal Singapore SG SGD 10000 15000 15000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting new Legal Counsel APAC (Technology) job has just become available at one of the largest tech multinational companies in the world. This is a role for an in-house legal counsel who would be keen on being one of the pioneers of the legal team in Singapore.
About the Legal Counsel APAC (Technology) Role:
In this role, you are expected to effectively ensure legal conformity and minimise probability of exposure; give accurate and timely counsel to other teams in a variety of legal topics; collaborate with management to devise efficient defence strategies; specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
- Draft, review and negotiate all sorts of contracts, including but not limited to service agreements, distributor agreements, vendor/procurement agreements, repair and maintenance agreements, licensing agreements etc. Craft contract templates and continue to optimise, monitor the contract fulfilment situation periodically
- Take part in assessing new business, new product, operation activity and other related issues, provide practical and effective legal comments and suggestion to control risk
- Coordinate and provide legal advisory support related to business operations
- Provide daily counselling to business departments, tackle challenging legal issues, explaining the contract and provide related training to the business department
To be successful in this Legal Counsel APAC (Technology) role, you will need to be confident enough to set up the end-to-end operations of the legal team in Singapore.
- Minimum five years' law firm or in-house legal experience in technology, media, or telecom industry
- Experience in a multinational company is preferred
- Experience in the robot industry or high-tech, IT industry is preferred
- Well versed in contract, commercial and corporate law
This MNC needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Legal Counsel APAC (Technology) job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1769895 Ailia Kazmi