Compliance Assurance and Governance
Consultant Aude Bernardi (R1440154)
Date posted 31 August 2018 2018-08-312018-10-30 financial-services 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A new Compliance Assurance and Governance job based in Singapore has just become available at a fast-growing fintech company.
About the Compliance Assurance and Governance Role:
Based in Singapore, you will be tasked to establish a compliance assurance and governance program. You will also be working closely with other internal functions and teams.
- Establish a compliance assurance and governance program to effectively manage regulatory and licensing, AML/Sanctions and privacy risks across the group’s international businesses and investee companies
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of the risk assessment methodology; conduct forward-looking regulatory risk assessment across the company entities periodically based on the methodology
- Conduct compliance reviews, monitor progress of issues and drive remediation initiatives to address non-compliant areas
- Provide periodic assurance and review progress summary to senior management and stakeholders
- Work closely with other internal functions and teams to ensure overall compliance to all applicable regulatory and licensing requirements as well as to improve overall control environment and promote sustainable growth
To succeed in this Compliance Assurance and Governance role, you must be a confident self-starter with strong interpersonal and organisational skills, and demonstrate the ability to effectively and proactively exercise good judgement and partner the business in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or finance or equivalent work experience; prior audit and regulatory supervision work experience strongly preferred
- At least 10 years' relevant experience in regulatory audit, compliance and/or operational risk management/governance
- Strong regulatory/compliance knowledge and skills; strong ability to understand governance, processes and controls
- Knowledge of payment systems, payment processing, money transmitter and stored value licensing or similar fintech-related legal and regulatory requirements
- Team player and ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines, and in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment
- Proficient in both spoken and written English and Mandarin Chinese to liaise with Mandarin-speaking counterparts
- Frequent business travel (in Asia and internationally) to be expected
This is a great opportunity to work for fast-growing fintech company that is only looking at growing and expanding its footprint.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you.
Apply for this role today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440154 Aude Bernardi