Consultant Aude Bernardi (R1440154)
Date posted 31 August 2018 2018-08-312018-10-30 legal 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A new Compliance Manager job based in Singapore has just become available at a fast-growing fintech company.
About the Compliance Manager Role:
Based in Singapore, you will be part of a growing and dynamic International Compliance team supporting the company's international business. Reporting directly to the Head of Compliance, SEA, you will work closely with commercial and regulatory lawyers, risk management and other legal/compliance professionals, as well as business and operations teams for SEA payment businesses.
- Support the company business in Singapore and work closely with the other Legal, Compliance (including AML and Privacy) and Risk Management colleagues in PRC and SEA International Business
- Support the agenda of the company International Compliance function, including developing compliance policies and procedures, coordinating with other relevant teams in managing and responding to MAS and other regulators in relation to AML/sanctions compliance, data privacy, consumer protection, and providing compliance regulatory risk assessments and program implementation in Singapore and SEA
- Lead and support applications for, and continuing maintenance of, payment institutions, payment systems, e-money licenses and other similar fintech-related business licenses in jurisdictions where the company conducts its businesses in Singapore
- Drive the regulatory engagement agenda and serve as the point of contact with regional regulators, including coordination for any regulator’s on-site inspection, if required
- Conduct internal compliance training and education program from time to time
To succeed in this Compliance Manager role, you must be a confident self-starter with strong interpersonal and organisational skills, and demonstrate the ability to effectively and proactively exercise good judgement and partner with the business in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Finance; or equivalent work or legal experience
- Eight to 12 years' relevant compliance, regulatory or similar experience
- Strong regulatory/compliance knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of fintech, payment systems, money transmitter licensing and stored value licensing and similar legal and regulatory requirements in Singapore
- Team player and ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and preferably Mandarin Chinese
- Experience with e-commerce, payments or financial services preferred
- Some travelling to be expected
This is a great opportunity to work for a fast-growing fintech company that is only looking at growing and expending its footprint.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you.
Apply for this role today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440154 Aude Bernardi