Head of Regional Compliance & Legal & Compliance Operations
Salary SGD200000 - SGD300000 per annum
Consultant Aude Bernardi (R1440154)
Date posted 28 September 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A new Head of Regional Compliance & Legal & Compliance Operations job based in Singapore has just become available at a leading pharmaceutical company.
About the Head of Regional Compliance & Legal & Compliance Operations Role:
In this role, you will be part of the legal and compliance team of the group's emerging markets business. The team is influential and proactive and has a direct interface with the senior management team. You will also have responsibility for the daily business in various regions, including the Middle East and Africa. You will also have the responsibility of leading a small team.
The regional compliance role is responsible for policies, training, IT platforms transactions, developing monitoring programs and aligning compliance practice in market amongst other key requirements.
The regional compliance function is key to developing and implement global strategy for compliance including best practice rationalisation in each market in conjunction with the Head of Legal and compliance in each market and the Deputy Head Legal.
- Understand the nature of the business on a regional and global scale so that you can assist your commercial colleagues in achieving their strategies and business objectives in a resource-efficient manner by providing a business focused, high-quality, and proactive source of compliance service and legal and compliance operations and advice
- Proactively contribute to the delivery of the group’s fast-paced business in Asia Pacific, Latam, Middle East, Turkey and Africa by driving department efficiency with IT platforms, knowledge management systems, reporting, and partnering with the team and the business through active engagement in streamlining information
- Work closely with the compliance team to understand compliance requirements and help implement and regulate compliance
- Work with and manage local external legal counsel
- Assist in and take responsibility for other duties and special projects as requested by the Head of Legal & Compliance
- Work collaboratively with the regional office team
To succeed in this Head of Regional Compliance & Legal & Compliance Operations role, you should have at least eight years' experience as a transactional or professional support lawyer, and exposure to the pharmaceutical/life sciences industry.
- Bachelor of Laws, Masters preferred, professional qualification such as the bar
- At least eight years’ experience as a transactional lawyer and or professional support lawyer
- Exposure to pharmaceutical or life sciences industry is a must
- International experience will be greatly appreciated
- Expertise in managing and developing legal and compliance infrastructure
- Experience in compliance work (including US FCPA and UK Bribery Act) and an ability to strategise
- Sufficient gravitas and business experience to work with senior management and effectively explain legal risks and provide commercial solutions
- A team player and happy to collaborate with colleagues
- Proactive and enthusiastic with high levels of interpersonal competencies and influencing skills
- A broad understanding of contract and pharmaceutical law, including hands-on experience with international license, distribution, services and vendor agreements as well as clinical trials and study contracts
- Ability to clearly and concisely explain legal situations to business persons and other non-lawyers
- Capacity to approach issues not only from a legal but also from a commercial perspective
- Self-starter with a high degree of flexibility
- Pragmatic, hands-on, problem-solving attitude and a high sense of priorities and urgency
- High level of integrity, ethical behaviour, loyalty and trustworthiness; in addition, an ability to be firm in your approach and diplomatic in communication style to navigate between business and legal needs
This is a great opportunity to work for a leading pharmaceutical company and to hold a senior leadership function where you can work at a strategic level.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you.
Apply today or contact me for a confidential discussion.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440154 Aude Bernardi