Consultant Aude Bernardi (R1440154)
Date posted 15 February 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Board Secretary job has just been made available at a not-for-profit organisation within the education space based in Singapore.
About the Board Secretary role:
You will provide advice and support to the Board on governance, constitutional and procedural matters, and to service the Board and other committee meetings.
You will be predominantly overseeing three key aspects of governance: the provision of effective administrative support to the Board and its committees; ensuring the Board is properly constituted and functions effectively; and the effective management of governance information in accordance with legal requirements and other associated frameworks.
- Responsible for providing advice and documentation to governors and committee members in order to help improve the quality and efficiency of governance
- Responsible for the effective administration of all Board and committee meetings ensuring meetings run smoothly and efficiently
- Monitor and maintain membership data for all governors and committee members in order to ensure the accuracy of data and the efficient management of membership
- Responsible for the accurate recording and management of information relating to Board and committee members in order to ensure data is up to date at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating personal knowledge and understanding of governance issues in order to help ensure a best practice approach is being taken at all times
To succeed in this Board Secretary role, you should have senior-level experience in an administrative role.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum seven years’ experience in a similar position; legal background preferable
- Proven experience of supporting a board with substantial responsibilities as a corporate secretary to a governor, and/or as a business / company secretary and/or a clerk to a significant charitable trust and/or other relevant legislative / compliance-based experience
- Proven experience of working at a senior level in an administrative role, showing initiative, with an understanding of complex issues
- Experience of taking and producing high-quality minutes
- Experience of data management including record keeping, information retrieval and dissemination of data
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) to a variety of audiences in a variety of situations; excellent written and spoken English, applied with a high level of accuracy
This is a great opportunity to work for a not-for-profit organisation where values are very important to all the people working for this cause.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career but to also keep a good balance with your personal life, this is the role for you.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.