Legal Professional (six-month contract)
Salary SGD4000 - SGD5000 per month + Market Aligned
Consultant Alex Martin (R1871250)
Date posted 10 October 20192019-10-10 2019-12-09 legal Singapore SG SGD 4000 5000 5000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Legal Professional (six-month contract) job has become available at a global banking organisation within their growing securities business.
About the Legal Professional (six-month contract) Role:
In this role, you will support the Head of Legal in undertaking legal work pertaining to the business and corporate functions, as well as assisting on a number of projects and initiatives. You will get exposure to the daily operational aspects of a financial institution, and experience how the legal department advises and supports the various businesses and corporate functions.
- Assist in drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements and inter-company agreements, including service level agreements, engagement letters, non-disclosure agreements, supplemental agreements, customer agreements, brokerage agreements, leases, inter-company business services agreements, partnership agreements, introducer agreements, transactional documents, etc.
- Assist in providing sound legal and regulatory advice, as and when necessary
- Provide corporate secretarial support
- Undertake research into privacy laws, anti-bribery and corruption laws in Singapore and other jurisdictions, or any other areas as required
- Assist to design a framework as well as to formulate policies for implementing an anti-bribery and corruption policy and programme
- Improve the current framework and policy governing protection of personal data
- Develop and implement a tracking and records retention framework for management and administration of contracts entered into by the company and legal advice rendered
- Any other work that may be assigned from time to time
To succeed in this Legal Professional (six-month contract) role, you will need to be a ‘go-getter’, enthusiastic to support, collaborate and learn in a dynamic and exciting environment. You will need to have the relevant qualifications and be keen in developing your expertise within an in-house role environment.
- Minimum degree in Law or paralegal qualifications
- NQ to two-year PQE
- Preferably some experience working in-house or in private practice dealing with corporate, commercial, financial regulatory or capital markets matters. Internship experience will be considered
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent drafting and research skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Mandarin or Japanese is advantageous so as to support regional stakeholders in China and Japan/comprehend locally drafted contracts, however it is not essential
- An analytic mind, with a keen interest in the financial industry
- Ability to multitask
This company is a global financial services leader with offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 50,000 employees. This bank provides expertise in retail banking, corporate finance, investment banking, asset management, capital markets, and sales and trading, to help businesses develop and find new opportunities for growth.
If you are an enthusiastic and motivated legal professional looking for an opportunity to work in one of the leading global banking organisations, this Legal Professional (six-month contract) job is right for you.
Apply now or get in touch to learn more.