Legal Counsel (4 -7 years PQE)
Salary Variable Bonus
Consultant Aude Bernardi (R1440154)
Date posted 13 December 2018 2018-12-132019-02-11 pharmaceuticals 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This reputable Chemical Company is looking to hire a Legal Counsel to be based in Singapore. This is a great opportunity for a mid-level legal professional in private practice, ideally in a corporate or commercial department, or already in-house, to use their knowledge and experience in a broad and varied in-house role presenting a wide range of challenges.
About the Legal Counsel role:
In a legal function which is seen as a real partner to the business, this is a great chance to gain exposure to practical challenges requiring both legal knowledge and commercial acumen. You will report to the Senior Legal Counsel and will have a regional coverage. This Chemical MNC is really innovative (R&D etc..) and growing across the APAC region which creates various opportunities for a business-minded lawyer to make some positive impact and play a part in its development.
- Provide legal advice to businesses in ASEAN countries, Australia and New Zealand.
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting all types of contracts and legal documents, including tenancy agreements, trade terms, distribution agreements, supply of goods & services agreements etc.
- Handle disputes and claims.
- Support M&A and other projects.
- Interface with outside counsels.
- Prepare legal reports and liaise with General Managers of legal entities on the same.
- Advising the operational and functional departments in all areas of law (commercial, competition, corporate, IT, IP, data privacy, employment and property)
- Develop and provide training for various departments on relevant aspects of law
- Provide compliance training.
- Handle corporate secretarial matters.
- Manage contracts database and legal entities database.
To be successful in this role, demonstrating a strong willingness to learn and having an entrepreneurship mindset combined with a strong commitment to helping the business succeed whilst maintaining and projecting solid ethical values is key.
- Possess a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB)
- Minimum 4 years PQE with exposure in MNC is an advantage
- Operates with the highest level of professionalism and integrity
- Achievement drive
- Customer and business oriented
- A team player adept at working in multi-cultural settings
- Must be able to work proactively with different stakeholders & initiate solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with business contacts and internal counsels’ network
- Ability to work across multiple functions
- Excellent written and oral English skills
- Ability to speak and read Mandarin is an advantage
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career joining a growing business the role is for you.
*Post on WDA