Salary SGD6000 - SGD8000 per monthFULL_TIME
Consultant Aude Bernardi (R1440154)
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-18 fmcg 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909
A reputable consumer goods company is looking to hire a Legal Counsel to be based in Singapore. This is a great job opportunity for a mid-level legal professional in private practice, ideally in a corporate or commercial department or already in-house, to use knowledge and experience in a broad and varied in-house role presenting a wide range of challenges.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
In a legal function seen as a real partner to the business, this is a great chance to gain exposure to practical challenges requiring both legal knowledge and commercial acumen. You will be reporting to the General Counsel.
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting all types of contracts and legal documents, including tenancy agreements, trade terms, distribution agreements, supply of goods & services agreements, etc.
- Advising the operational and functional departments in all areas of law (advertising, commercial, competition, corporate, IT, IP, data privacy, employment and property)
- Increasing operational and functional departments’ awareness of best practices and policies
- Training the operational and functional departments on relevant aspects of law
- Providing legal monitoring and optimising legal security/compliance: reporting legal documents and litigation, compulsory standards, and developing new processes to secure operations and ensure compliance
To succeed in this Legal Counsel role, you should be able to demonstrate a strong willingness to learn, an entrepreneurship mindset combined with a strong commitment to helping the business succeed, with an ability to maintain and project solid ethical values.
- Possess a Bachelor of Laws degree
- Minimum four years' relevant experience
- Analytical skills; detail-oriented
- Must be able to work proactively with different stakeholders and initiate solutions
- Strong awareness of online / digital business trends and the ability to effectively clarify processes with stakeholders
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), negotiation and presentation skills
- Good skills in organising and coordinating projects and training
- Strong demonstrable and relevant track record of advising on legal issues
- Strategic thinker with ability to move effortlessly between strategy, implementation and tactical opportunities
- Ability to rapidly digest and distil complex issues and formulate strategy / response
- Commercially astute
- Ability to establish, exploit and influence effective networks at all levels
- Confident, persuasive individual capable of managing and resolving difficult situations
- Willing to travel for overseas assignments
This is a reputable consumer goods company that needs no introduction.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career within a growing business, this Legal Counsel role will be a good fit for you.
Apply for this opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440154 Aude Bernardi